Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagletail

What can I do with flickering haze?

Guest Eagletail

On a flight from KLAX to KSFO yesterday, I noticed a lot of flickering haze in the valleys below. Is there any easy solution to this? I would guess that this is an AS issue. Am I right? Thanks for any help.

Guest Fjorko

Hi..I don't think it's and AS issue.It will happen even on Default FS9 Weather. It also usually happens where the haze or cloud touches hills or mountainsI think you can reduce it by lowering your mipmap detail slider, but even then i don't think you can completely eliminate it.I also have it, but i just live with it. If anyone else has any other suggestions i am happy to take it on board, because i agree it does look kind of rubbish !!Cheers !:)

Guest Eagletail

>Are you using the default clouds?No, I don't. If I recall correctly, this is something that should be turned off. Right?

Hi,You may want to try with "Fog Layer Generation" turned off... Some cloud types might have problems with terrain intersection and fog layers (low stratus clouds) can make matters worse...FWIW I used to get this kind of thing (even with default FS9 wx) but haven't seen it in quite a while.. Using FSW or default clouds. Might be video driver related?

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Eagletail

>You may want to try with "Fog Layer Generation" turned off... >Might be video driver related? Thanks for the excellent tips. I'll try the fog layer generation idea first, but, when you mention it, problems can certainly be video driver related. :-wave