Sign in to follow this  
aua668

Reference setting for AS2004 options and FSUIPC wanted

Dear AS2004 Team,I think it would be quite helpful to have a sticky post here in this forum with your recommended settings for all AS2004 and FSUIPC options for the actual version. That might ease for you the solution of a lot of questions posted here. Because both - we the AS users and you the developers - would as a first step try to reproduce the situation with the "reference option set". So many questions, which options might have been set in this special situation, would become unnecessary.Perhaps you should propose the reference set in a way, that brings the most realism from your experience without thinking in the first run at performance and frame reates. The necessary reductions to increase performance can be easily found in the documentation but it is not always simple to figure out, which combination of settings (especially in combination with the FSUIPC settings) deliver the best result. I am aware, that there might not be a single set for all situations, but let's agree on one reference set as a starting point.Kind Regards Reinhard Brantner, AUA668 "With A Smile In The Sky" http://www1.aua.com/virtual/hangar/PH/avag_klein.gif

Guest jumpjet

That made me giggle :D ...... sorry!Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? ;)Graham

Jim,Thanks for the clear statement. I agree, that this is the best starting point for identifying problems or errors but I am not quite sure, that these settings are the settings, which you believe to deliver the most realistic weather generation and simulation due to the fact that the defaults make some limitations according to the performance of the "avaerage" available hardware (I suppose).My question wanted to address all these problems with questions like: "Why does the weather that AS2004 and FS2004 show doesn't match with the real weather ?". As there are a lot of other parameters (like FSUIPC settings) which are influencing the final result there might be a better combination than the default settings for reaching as much as possible in terms of realism.Perhaps you think about that or share some hints of your experience with us, how to fiddle with all those parmeters to get the most realistic weather in our flightsim as possible. For me - for example - the combination of some options in AS2004 and FS2004 (e.g. wind smoothing) are not very clear and I am not sure if I can find out, which setting overides the other one. I think that you as the developer have a lot more of experience with these overlapping options. Kind Regards Reinhard Brantner, AUA668 "With A Smile In The Sky" http://www1.aua.com/virtual/hangar/PH/avag_klein.gif

Hi,OK, Damian as developer, and I as support, and all the beta testing team members, think that the default settings are the very best, most realistic, settings a user can use. After that it is up to the user to:1. Read the new manual which explains every setting.2. Experiment with their personal settings on their computer.3. Ask individual, specific questions here or by e-mail.With this I am going to lock this thread, but still leave it pinned.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg