Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

Is it ActiveSky wxRE or ActiveSky2004 ???

I just bought the CD version of ActiveSky wxRE,is this not AS2004???Confused hereI thought the transitions were supposed to be smoothed out but on a short fligt near Winnipeg I was in dense clouds with snow, then all of a sudden I was in CLEAR SKIES, everywhere? I have v1.9 and I though I was buyinbg the latest thing from ACTIVESKYDo not tell me there are two now??How come they are only selling ActiveSky wxREI paid full price for an out-of-date product???Surely it is being supported?Now I have to buy What did I do??? I thought ActiveSky wxRE when appled to FS2004 was AS2004IMAGINE my total dissapointment when UPS arrived with a CD with FS2002 marked on it !And a sticker attqached sayiong it works in FS2004 !!The ad on Flight1.com said you need FS2004 to use it, said NOTHING about it being an FS2002 add-on !!!I am sad andConfused hereAllen

Hi Allen,1. No ActiveSky wxre and AS2004 are not the same. They have two totally different names.2. They are selling wxRE because they are a software publishing company. All our links for AS2004 take you to SimMarket.com, the only place where you can purchase AS2004.3. wxRE is still being supported.I said all that just to answer your questions. Knowing the top notch company Flight1 is, I suggest that you write them a FRIENDLY e-mail and describe your events. Don't yell and screem or call them names(not that you would!). Be honest and ask for a refund and I'll predict that they will issue you one. Then, you may go to SimMarket.com and purchase the correct version. Please let us know how things turn out, and if we may be of more assistance.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

It was not Flight1It was PC AviatorI did not mention who I got it from I still feel that a FS2002 product should be upgradable when you pay 35 US

Sorry,I mis-read the part where you mentioned Flight1.com. Please send me an e-mail to skornaATcomcast.netWe know about the site and have done much to get them to change their presentation of our product, with no results. We'll take care of you from our end.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg