Sign in to follow this  
Guest allblack

Is my download/installation complete?

Guest allblack

Hi folks, just reading through the posts, and I'm rapidly getting the impression I may be missing something, coz so far I'm failing to see what everyone is raving about....It's nice®, but 40Euro's nicer? No way.In Explorer, I look at C/PROGRAM FILES/MICROSOFTGAMES/FLIGHTSIMULATOR9/MODULES/ACTIVESKY2004 and I have two files:Docs and VoiceDocs has Index Files behind it, and Voice has two folders: Voice1 and Voice2.I am trying to find the config file to post here for someone to look at, but I can't find it. This doesn't seem much for a 26MB file!!Okay, yes. I'm a PC klutz, so am probably missing it, but....CheersTim

Guest allblack

Found it !!//AS2004.5 configuration file B147[General]WindowPosX = 105WindowPosY = 105DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59IncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = TrueAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = TrueDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = TrueDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = TrueDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = 13AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONE

Guest allblack

Great Jim, thanks for checking.CheersTim

Hi Tim,Are you actually running AS2004.5? You mentioned problems understanding the installation procedure so I am just checking to make sure you are indeed running it properly. AS2004.5 must be RUN either prior to FS loading or after, but always before your flight!It would be worth reading the manual... Let us know if you have any questions!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest allblack

Hiya,Yup, I'm running it. Following the manual religously, especially the (very good) section on what order to do things. But still some way to go.My partner even looked at it coz she got hit by one of the toys when I threw them out of the cot!No, nothing that bad.And this weekend I'm going to devote more time to it, assuming I can get the highly-annoying christmas shopping out of the way.I guess my main disappointment is not being able to create my own weather. Seems I have to search the world for weather that I feel like flying in, and then hope they have it and set up a flight.Last night I flew Anchorage to Vancouver, and for the first and last five minutes the weather was interesting, but nothing in between. The radar showed nothing either...which has me wondering if the download included all the bells and whistles....To answer Jim's question, what I expected was to be able to create my weather as FS9 does, and then see AS blow me away with it's iterations of what I've asked for. I want to be able to take off into huge turbulence, fly through a demon thunderstorm at the first waypoint, descend early evening through clouds lit up with a sunset, and then do an approach into blinding rain. Or something like that...It seems the only way I'll get close to this is if I happen to select a flight somewhere in the world that just happens to have parts of that going on at the time.Jim says I can edit the downloaded weather via Notepad to suit my requirements etc, but I thought from what I read as features on the AS website that it would be easier...Custom Weather Lookup/Enhanced user Interface/Enhanced Flight Planning Interface..But that's not your fault, that's mine for making assumtions without asking!!Thanks anyway.Tim