Sign in to follow this  
Dean_EGTC

ActiveSKY so far so,,,bad.

Okay, so far I can't say my first impressions are stellar. Current weather in KIAH is clear skies and VRB winds, but Real Weather cannot clear my old weather from my last flight where it was ceilings of 600 and thunderstorms in the area. I've been sitting here for 30 minutes waiting for the weather to changes thinking it was a "smooth transition" thing but I even cleared the weather and ATIS still reports 600 foot ceilings and TS even though outside the window shows clear skies.I've stopped and restarted ActiveSky 5 times and it just can't seem to refresh the Wx.I've got about 40 minutes before my flight to DCA so any help would be appreciated. :-roll*sigh*Mike T.

Guest Edam

I doubt that this will be of much help, but this is what I got with ActiveSky.KIAH 141553Z 11005KT 10SM CLR 12/03 A3026

This is fast going down hill. I tried updating the weather using the built in FS2002 weather generator and the correct weather came up for IAH When I shut down Activesky and loaded it back up again it cleared the proper weather, set the altimeter to 29.92 and cleared the winds????HELP!!!!!Mike T.(envision beautiful full color signature here)

This is what it displays in the ActiveSky window but in FS2002 it doesn't change the weather at all!!!! :-mad.Now its been almost an hour and I can't seem to get this thing to work :-grrMike T.

Guest Edam

Mike,I left a link to this thread in the ActiveSky Forum. One of those guys should have a solution. It sounds like the issue is with FS2K2 or Real Weather, in some way. Does the same thing happen with FSMeteo?(If you have it.)

Strange problem Mike... I just tried it and it worked fine. See shot below. Active sky uses weather from here: http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/metar.shtmlso you can compare what Activesky is doing. One suggestion, under options, un-check TAF Processing. If this fixes it, I suggest you read the manual..Cheers

Guest Edam

He's getting that display, it just doesn't change the weather in FS.

Hi Mike,Is FS2002 reporting the Metar message (Green scrolling band) ? If not,then ActiveSky cann't interface to FS2002 via FSUIPC. FS2002 must not be paused. Check also the version of FSUIPC.hm

Guest Mark McG

Mike,I think I have found a solution to your problem.Here is what I did.Loaded FS & ActiveSky. I then checked weather was clear & not overcast.I then changed the downloaded weather to that of a few hours previously and used offline mode.The Dynamic TAF processing then changed the weather to what you were experiencing.2 options for you:Leave permanently in Online Modeor Disable TAF Processing.Also remember to check the time difference between your computer and UTC. This means that Activesky will download the correct Metars and not those from a few hours previously.Hope this helps.Mark

Mike, First I would make sure that you are running FSUIPC 2.94. Next I would go to the Active Sky folder and copy the FSUIPC.ini to the FS2002Modules folder.This will over right the exsisting one so any settings you had will be erased. Now start up fs2002 and start up Active Sky. go to any airport and give it a few moments to download weather and let the changes take place. If nothing happens just go out of FS2002 for a moment (alt-enter) bring up active sky and hit refresh. Also make sure TAF is checked as well as online !.You will also need to have your UTC in the right time zone.To do this go to the clock on the task bar and double click it then click time zone. You will see GMT -X:XX . use the first number for UTC in Active sky. For me it's -5. Once you have this done close the program and restart it .Let it download the weather again and hit refresh just to be sure.Now go back to FS2002 (alt-enter). Give FS2002 a moment to except the new weather and you should see it pop up.Don't worry though weather will change quick after this first load.The first load up takes a moment but that's the only time :) Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpghttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

After the install I couldn't get the thing to work (yes I read the manual) no matter what I tried. THEN, I tried FSMETEO and that didn't work either. It would seem that something got screwed up in the translation.Anyhooo, I simply rebooted and loaded everything back up again and now it works just fine.Had a nice flight from KIAH-KDCA and I think that I like the cloud transitions a lot better than FSMETEO. The weather at DCA was kind of off though as it isn't raining or foggy but it was depicted that way in ActiveSky. Also, after exiting FS2002, Activesky locked up and didn't recover gracefully. Other than that, still playing and it's getting better all the time :-)THANK YOU TO EVERYONE who tried like hell to get me up and runnin'. Now THAT is what I call service! :-)Regards,Mike T.

I have the same problem when exiting FS; Activesky won't let me close it without terminating the application.