From time to time there are threads created where people ask for assistance from Damien and Jim and their as2004.cfg files are posted for examination. I know for a fact that I cross check against my own and seem to alter it with monotonous regularity - not always for the better I might add.I got to thinking that perhaps it would be of benefit to many if a thread could be pinned into which people could post there as2004.cfg file details with the provison that certain system details are also detailed e.g. Processor type + detaisl of overclocking, Motherboard, whether networked via WideFS, HD, RAM and anything else that may have a material impact. In addition people could state whether they have a minimal setup using FS Start or anything similar.This implementation could be supplemented by information as to significant FS settings e.g. slider positions.I think people duplicating settings would eventually result in achieving best outcomes for a class of PC.Is this s reasonable suggestion or just clutching at straws?

Hi Andy,It is an idea, but I think about all the possible influences on my own FS performance that I think each post could be a kilometer long. Just my clouds and AI traffic alone can affect things so much that I'm not sure what to include.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest flight

Kilometer?...you can't be from America and using kilometers, could you? Maybe from Canada...ayyy

>LOL,>>I know Andy is from Oz AND I'm a science teacher AND I live>just North of Canada. Yep, the Deroit, Michigan area is the>only USA land north of Canada! I knew if I wrote "mile" he>would get all over me!!>>Hope this helps,>Jim>ActiveSky Support>http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpgNot me Jim, I wouldn't jump onto someone who uses a unit of measurement that is only used in the US, UK and Ireland. Oddly enough in the Irish Republic they use MPH but show distances in Kilometres. Probably has something to do with usual source of motor vehicles for the Irish.Andy b