Sign in to follow this  
Guest Twister

Strange behavior of CH Yoke...

Guest Twister

Hi,I am experiencing some "laziness" on the longitudinal axis. The aircraft (all of them) are kind of slow to respond to the yoke input - and it happens only when trying to roll to either direction.I've had the CH yoke for about two years and it never happened before. I've tried to reset the sensibilities in FS2K2 - but it didn't help.I wonder if this is a bug with the USB at the OS level or some kind of hardware malfunction (bearings that got dirty?).Any suggestions?Twister

I myself don't have the guts to tear into my yoke to perform periodic maintenance. Have you ever calibrated the yoke with FSUIPC? Found it to be much more useful than the windows program.Rick

Guest Twister

Hi Rick,I'm not sure I know how to use FSUIPC to calibrate the yoke properly.As for internal maintenance - I haven't noticed any screws allowing the user to dismantle the device.Twister

I had the same problem and tried everything I could think of to get rid of it... I have some limited experience in electronics and decided the problem was due to dirty potentiometers... The unit needed a good cleaning also so I set about to do the dirty deed... The screws are on the bottem of unit, there are eight of them... As you get the unit apart be sure to observe where every little part goes as little things will go flying everywhere... I use CRC Industerial Contact Cleaner 2000 to clean every thing... It did not harm the plastic, and does an excellant job on the pots, Spray it in the little holes you will find on the sides...Then turn the center shaft on the pot to get rid of the corrosion that has formed on the inside of the pot... you can feel the cleaner work and the corrision melts away... There are one for each axis except yaw... Then I used STP Silicone Lube to add a little slick and put it back together... That's the hardest part, because you have to make sure every little part is in place and stays there during reassembly... It's not a job for the faint of heart but it can be done by the below average person (that being me)... And two of the screws, the two corner ones on the back are hidden under pads... Be careful with the silicon because you can get it too slick and it becomes dificult to control the aircraft and also you don't want to get it on any thing eletronic as it is dielectric... You will need a set of small screwdrivers, I have had a set for years that I got at Radio Shack... Sorry this ran so long but it was necessary to explain it all...Ron Mashburn

Guest Twister

Hi,I'd like to thank all of you for the advice and guidance - much appreciated.CheersTwister