Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fjorko

<<OK....Here is some proof that something weird is going on - Screenshots,"WX " and "ini" included>>

Guest Fjorko

OK, Here is the deal. I was out to prove to myself i wasn't going NUTS or something, but there definitely is something going on here. I have not had ONE proper flight without sudden visibility changes since FSUIPC 3.44 and B163Picture one shows me taking off from EGTG Runway 9 at around 12:26 ( clock on Panel) and this is how the clouds and visibility is rendered... the inserted text comes from AS2004.5http://img153.exs.cx/img153/5351/amedium8co.jpgThe second image is about 4 minutes later and just suddenly out of nowhere this is what i see out of my windscreen - notice the metar is still exactly the same at this point but i think a station write just took place :http://img153.exs.cx/img153/7177/bmedium3td.jpgThen one minute later indeed the METAR changes and i see this :Also note the altitudes are close to the suppression range of 4000ft:http://img153.exs.cx/img153/1255/cmedium0jz.jpgPersonnally i think if the visibility was like shot 2 or 3 then it should have been chaning GRADUALLY and not in an instant. This happens on descents and climbsI will attach the ini file - The WX file is too big to attach but if you want it i will mail it to you://AS2004.5 configuration file B163[General]WindowPosX = 3855WindowPosY = 2565DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59LastPlanFolder = NONEIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = FalseLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = TrueUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = 0AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = TrueUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONE

Hi,Did you ever consider that you were flying into the upper layer of clouds shown in picture 1? I guess the other term you keep using is "visibility". What is your understanding of what that term means? I still think you expect to slowly enter a cloud deck and then slowly leave a cloud deck. Well at times it is not like that in real life, especially upon ascent and decent. And it is not that way in FS especially with flat, 2D cloud layers. Yes with cumulus this can be different. The METARs are right on the mark depending on how far away you were from the stations. Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Fjorko

Well, if you look closely those clouds are VERY far away to be flying into them in 4 minutes time, especially with the Cessna!I wasn't near ANY of them when that happened. Things changed from from Image 1 to Image 2 in less than 1 second and THAT doesn't sound right to me ! It would have happened even if i stayed at 1000ftYou should then not say in your Adverts that people will have GRADUAL Visibility changes because is it misleading !I say ONCE MORE, i wasn't NEAR those clouds in Image 1 !! The problem here is not the clouds ( flying into and out of them ), it's the sudden GREY out like PIC 1 and 2 that is bothering me when i'm not even close to any clouds.

Hi,Well, it could have certainly been those clouds, but I'm guessing that's not what happened in this case. The wx looks spot on during the first and last shots. The middle shot appears to have been during an update process to the new wx. You can see that the vis has reduced some from shots 2 and 3 (smoothing).Perhaps you are seeing the visibility transition through 9sm? Remember, when you go from 10SM to 9SM (even smoothed) the FS9 graphics engine will instantly change the horizon draw color from blue to gray. No way around this. To confirm this is what is happening, try using vis limits (10sm min, 59sm max). There should be no instant shift of the horizon color this way.Please let me know if you can confirm this... Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Fjorko

Hi DamienI will try that and report back

Guest Fjorko

Jim And DamienJust made a flight from EGLL (Heathrow) to EGTG (Filton) and with the minimum visibility set at 10SM everything worked PERFECTLY !Smooth as a baby's bottom between stations. I did descents, climbs -the works ( just to test ) while enroute and i had no such problems - even at different altitudesOnly issue now is that i will never have less than 10SM visibiltyFor instance when i arrived at EGTG i could see quite far even though visibility was down to 1500Is there any way or anything that can address this issue with the 10SM visibility bug in FS, or will we have to wait for FS10 ?If that could be fixed I can finally rest !!!! I am so fed up with myself in trying to TWEAK problems away !!!!!! :)So the recap: The issue i saw above was indeed the problem with Minimum visibility set to 0 which causes the FS9 weather engine to instantaniously change visibility to suit. I would however like to have less than 10SM visibility at times so i am hoping something can HOPEFULLY be done about this - SOMEHOW ? PLEASE ? LOL ! Ok! Ok!Looking forward to your responses !