Sign in to follow this  
Guest CYYJ1968

FS Time, System Time and METAR Time

Guest CYYJ1968

I have FS2004 configured to use FS time instead of System time. ActiveSky 2004.5 is configured with the "Use System Time" option disabled which, according to the manual, means that AS should use FS time. However, the METAR data and time codes indicate that the METARs retrieved by AS are current (i.e. based on system time not FS time).To give a concrete example, I have a flight which starts at 011702Z. Current system time is 020708Z. The METAR downloaded by AS is from 020600Z. This is also the most recent METAR for that station according to http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/mgetmetar.pl How can I force AS to use FS time and not current system time when downloading METAR data? Does AS always download the most current METAR regardless of FS time?

Guest JimBrown

Hi Jim,Along those same lines, how does AS handle different FS and System dates?As an example, I'm doing a series of flights that were originally created last spring (Hopping Around the World, to be exact.) So, when I load up the flight, the FS date is last spring, but the System date is current. Additionally, the FS time is not the current System time. As above, I have told AS not to use System time.I then hit refresh in AS (it was paused on startup.) What, exactly, does AS do at this point?Thanks,...jim

Guest CYYJ1968

Alright. Thanks Jim. I'll use the manual download from archive function instead.Perhaps in future releases the capability to automatically download METAR/TAF data from the archives based on FS time could be added?

Guest JimBrown

Ok, so no matter what the FS date is, I will get today's weather, adjusted for FS time. Good to know.If I am online all the time, and have turned on AS online updates, do I need to turn on TAF processing if I have FS time different than system time and have tuned off system time in AS?Thanks again,...jim