Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

Bad aloft data/timeout message

Guest dark_templar

Sure... I install AS then the 1.92.4 update

Guest dark_templar

Is there at least a way to donwload the winds manually and load them into AS?

Guest dark_templar

:( well then I'll wait to see if later this gets solvedThanks

I can't believe I just read this. I just reloaded FS2002 and AS and am having the same winds aloft issue. Must be the server. I am wondering if you are getting the awful blue ring with a low ceiling now. Before my reinstalls v1924, the vis reduction was great, now it doesn't work at all!!.Thanks, Doc

Guest dark_templar

Hi first I must say that I've been using Active Sky wxRE just for few weeks but I think it is great.Im writing u guys cuz all time it has working in a great way for me until today, I had to reinstall FS2002 so I was unsure if I had or not to reinstall also active sky.. so I reinstalled it anyway...It now download the metars and the TAF if they are available but it is not downloading the aloft winds first it says "bad aloft data" then it says something like "downloading aditional wind updates" and finally it says "Bad aloft data/timeout retrying next update interval" I've read in other threads on this forum that in this case its necesary to read the readme.txt file provided with the program but.... I've read it and I havent found something about my problem.. the thing that I just want ot know if there is a problem with the aloft server and this behavior is not caused cuz I reinstalled FS and AS... or if the case that this problem was generated cuz the reinstall how can I fix it, and the last thing if it is a problem with the aloft server if there is at least a way to download the winds manually from a website or whatever and then load them into AS.anticipated thanks and best regard for all of u and happy new year.

Guest dark_templar

Just writing to say that apparently now wxRE is working as usual ... I mean Great... thanks for the quick answers and support~S~