Sign in to follow this  
Guest ja1977

i don't believe only i have this problem???

Guest ja1977

i have written questions about this 3 times i think and no one have been able to give me an answer.Here is my problem:when flying with both fs9 alone and with AS connected i have never been able to fly on top of a overcast cloud layer! When i fly below there is nothing wrong, but instead of flying throu the cloudlayer and nice and easy being on top of them they simply suddenly dissapear when i pass the top of them. there can somtimes be scattered cloud left, when i pass the cloudlayer but NEVER the overcast layer that was there when flying belowfurther i have notised that the clouds(when finaly finding some) seems to wanish when i fly below them?? and the start turning roung them selves when i get near to a cloud??This is a frustrating problem, and i have gotten help before but it have never fixed it??here is my former advises, so you don't write that again ;-)1 Change video card driver2 make adjustentsments to AS and FS9 display settings(feels like i have tried all combinations)3 new cloud texture 4lots of tips from the makers of the great AS2004 programmy system is:TI4200Athlon 64 3200+i guess this is the most important!!i REALLY hope someone can help... FS is nothing without real weather and CLOUDS!!Thanks Jesper

Hi Jasper,I need to ask again:Are 3D clouds at 100%?Cloud coverage at maximum?Detailed clouds chosen?Dynamic weather set to none?Overcast enhancement on in AS?AS version up to date?OVC code in the METAR and you are within 2 miles of the station?The rotating clouds are a function of FS and we can't do anything about those.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Fjorko

Can't Microsoft release some kind of SDK so you talented guys at HIFISIM can fix these shortcomings of FS9 weather ? Especially the :)

Guest ja1977

yes i have checked those throu and flew with a scattered cloud layer with AS and when i look at my plane from above with spot view the cloud underneith disapeares and return when i have flown over and past it??

Hi, also check your frame rate lock setting, this should be at about 20 or 25, if higher it can cause FS to spend less time processing clouds, and might be the reason it stops drawing them...

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest ja1977

this is set at 20 fps as it has always been.....

Guest Floyd312

Hi Jesper,The "rotating" clouds are the FS9 2D clouds. FS9 draws 2D clouds as flat plygons and rotates the polygon so that it is always facing the plane as seen from the side. If you look at them from above you will see them rotating.The usual way to eliminate this is to raise FS9's 3D Cloud percentage slider to 100%. FS9 draws 3D clouds as actual 3D objects which can be viewed from any angle and you should see little or no rotation.In other words, if the slider is at 0% you will see only 2D "rotating" clouds. If the slider is at 100% you will see only 3D clouds. Any other setting and you will see both types of clouds at the same time.Regarding the overcast issue I can only report that I have seen some amazing overcast layers from both above and below using AS2004. I find that to get them I have to have the "Overcast Enhancement" setting enabled in AS2004.Don

Guest ja1977

hi DonMy cloud 3d slider is allways at 100% and the clouds rotate very much anyway??and the overcast enhancement has always been on??i just have to realize that no one have my problem...i am wondering if i will have to buy a new video card?? i don't know?? but i would like i someone will send screenshots og both their fs9 display and as2004 settings, s

Hi, "My cloud 3d slider is allways at 100% and the clouds rotate very much anyway??"In fs2004,All clouds are 3d sprite that's rotate slowly at some degrees and sec interval. Cloud from external view will look like a sheet paper turning. This is why you will never see aircraft from the external view with the clouds getting overs the wings in realistic way like a smoke passing overs the parts of the aircraft, but you will see 3d sprite flat sheet disappears and reappears with rotation. Sometime it is less evident because of the amount of the sprite for a clouds, and others easly.-The slider controls the amount of 3d sprite and density for performance,less modeled clouds density. When ther is many clouds layers at the same time, you will have better performance -The cloud percentage at 90%/100% can hide the clouds impostor which is a flat horizontal.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis