Sign in to follow this  

Check out the AS2004.5 generated cloud formation I was getting flying over Spain the other day - very symmetrical ;) Sorry, i don't have the METAR of the time but will make sure I record it if I see this patchwork pattern again.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest Fjorko

You need to use the "Soft" edged clouds from Chris' FS SKY World. They are pack's E,F,G,H IIRC. What you see there is caused by "HARD" edged clouds drawn next to soft edge clouds or even ones that overlaps soft edged clouds.Try them, then you'l see these blocks disappear like magic !Cheers

Thanks, I'll give that a try!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Hi Chris,I get the same patterns as Gary at times. I am using the FS Skyworld High Performace cloud sets.ThanksBob Johnson

Hi Bob, Thanks.. please try a non resized clouds since Pieter used a non resized clouds and it works. Try a test with a normal clouds 512x512 which are available in the selection.Ps: I beleave it will happend with a specific situation when there is the excact layer and formation types at the same time. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Kiwi75

Hi Chris,I'm not able to see which cumulus sets are 512x512, as I only see file size and not image size. Could you tell me which sets are apropriate?ThanksKostis

Guest Kiwi75

Well, that didn't work either. I've tried random sets E,F and G and nothing so far. I was wondering if it had to do with something else, like the presence of DXT graphics or mixed cloud formats. However, I tried the default FS9 textures (from Chris's package) and I still get the same results.

Hi Kiwi, fs sky world 2004 cumulus set from A to I are default 32 bits.-Try with or without render to texture enableif still not works-Try default fs2004 to see.if still not worksI doubt it is anything related to clouds texture since 99% of the time all works.When I saw this, from the start I quicly think about cloud formation in fs2004, I beleave this is related to the cloud formation in fs 2004 which either active sky or fs sky world are not related wiht it.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest flight

No. It's definitely related to FSky World. I have absolutely no other addons except AS2004 and FSky World. I've never had these formations w/ just the FS2004 default clouds, w/ just AS2004. I've gotten these strange patterns since downloading and using your textures Chris (FSky World). They don't always come up, but I seem to get them now and then when there's an overcast layer. I was wondering if the time of day has anything to do w/ it? I fly mostly in the early evenings, and can't remember ever seeing them midday. I use the random generator, so I really don't know which sets could be causing it. Sometimes they seem to take a natural shape once they move by the aircraft, other times they stay that way off in the far distance. I usually ignore them (or at least try to). Sorry I don't have a solution, but it is definitely related to FSky World.

Hi, For those have this problems, To confime I would like to have the situation flight, because to replicate the issue, we have to got the exact weather and situation.-Save a flight when it will happend upload here or send it to my email, fsw@simflight.com. the *.flt and *.WX , without these nothing can be done to see what's is causing this exactly.-The weather slider, percentage, density etc.-With the specific clouds set name (default fs2004 or fs sky world 2004 set name)-Be sure you did not use others clouds before from x-authors, because there is 5 clouds files that's causing trouble on clouds from thermal and may bugs others things, I dunno, to fix it you will have to reinstall all clouds from default Fs2004 CD 2 MSGAME3.CAB then use fs sky world 2004.Ps: The thing I am 100% sure with fs sky world 2004, they do not control the clouds formation,no metar and all distant formation, the only thing it change is the texture.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Chris,I am using none other than your FS2004 cloud fix (ffpv2). I might try the default clouds again, now that I have a rig that "may" handle them. Either way, next time it happens I will send you the info you have requested below. Oh, and please don't take my post as a criticism of anyones work, rather I just wanted to share what I thought was an amusing weather pattern that I came across.Gary

Hi Gary, "I will send you the info you have requested below."Thanks, please keep the hifpsv2.zip installed for now because the issue happend with hifpsv2.zip, because it will happend again, if you came back to default it might never happend, I will not able to see what's it is and you will not able to save the flight with the issue.With the saved flight flt and *.wx I will able easly to see what's it is exactly, (your shots was from resized hifpsv2.zip), I will see what's is the issue, I will test fs sky world 2004 stock clouds 32 bits with all clouds, from A to I.hifpsv2.zip is included in fs sky world 2004. resized version of default clouds for better fps. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Kiwi75

The attached image is with set F of FS Sky over Chicago and AS B163. Note that "white patch" in the middle of the picture is just snow on the ground, hence clear sky.My weather settings are:Detailed Clouds - MaximumAnd in case this helps...//AS2004.5 configuration file B163[General]WindowPosX = 3615WindowPosY = 4665DefaultWeatherFolder = D:Flight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 4LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59LastPlanFolder = NONEIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = 2AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = FalseStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEThanks in advance,Kostis