Sign in to follow this  

HI, Thanks for the info. Without the saved flight I can't do anything to test..More time I will not have the saved flight, nothing will be in progress to see what's is caused this. Upload the saved flight or send it to my email fsw@simflight.comOne thing I am 100% sure, The stratus clouds pattern is from fs2004 engine, fs2004 draw the overcast stratus like this, this is a closed case.The only thing is weird is the cumulus that's are in a box pattern, stratus clouds is overlapping overs cumulus.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Chris,I haven't forgotten about sending you the information, but so far there has been nothing to send. Since my original post, I have reloaded MS default cloud textures. I did experience another square cloud pattern with these original clouds (although nowhere near as extensive as my original screen shot), but by the time I opened up FSScreen the cloud formation had changed to non-square like. So it seems to be an FS weather engine "feature" rather than whose cloud sets are being used.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest mmcevilley

>Chris,>>I haven't forgotten about sending you the information, but so>far there has been nothing to send. Since my original post, I>have reloaded MS default cloud textures. I did experience>another square cloud pattern with these original clouds>(although nowhere near as extensive as my original screen>shot), but by the time I opened up FSScreen the cloud>formation had changed to non-square like. So it seems to be>an FS weather engine "feature" rather than whose cloud sets>are being used.>>GaryI agree with Gary. I have experienced the effect with the default FS cloud set. The FS Sky World clouds provide a significantly more refined and precise rendition of clouds. The byproduct of that is they enhance the effect - making it seem as if it is an FS Sky World created problem.-michael

HI, Thanks for these confirmation, I knew it was not really about clouds texture from the start because, if a clouds texture is broken it will not show from the start, a texture can not broke clouds formation, it is more related to clouds formation.From what's I see, the overcast stratus do not covers all and have some hole, and if there is a clouds layer under the stratus layers, the cumulus will pop up into the hole of the overcast stratus.I would like to have the saved flight if possible, because I can check to fix it.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Ramrod

I have been checking on this thread from time to time because i too have see these weird cloud formations. Any fixes yet?Thanks Charlie

Guest Kiwi75

I sent Chris a saved flight and he too confirmed that he was seeing the square patterns. I think he forwarded it to Jim from AS team.For the time being, i'm using FSW hiFPS clouds (not v2) and the sky looks a bit better. I haven't been in any overcast condition yet, but it definetely looks better even with dense cloud coverage.Kostis

Hi, To confirm, this issue is not related to clouds texture, since I have tested with default fs2004 clouds and the same pattern square box like the picture with the saved flight from Kostis, it is related to a cloud formation which are from fs2004 engine, we will try to fix it with active sky.Tips (Not related to this issue above)Notice hiFPS.zip and hifpsv2.zip are default altered for better performance but not really quality, with hiFPS you will have better quality clouds and lower performance then hifpsv2 but better performance then default fs2004 in both case and are in 32bits or dxt.fs sky world 2k4 provide better choice of clouds, smooth or detailed edge puffy or less puffy clouds, it also include teh same hiFPS.zip and hifpsv2.zip from the external zip files.fswhifps.zip are for fs sky world 2004 stock clouds only for better performance with various size also.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest flight

Could you post some pics of your strange cloud formations that you mention Chris? I find it very strange that it doesn't have anything to do w/ the new textures. I've been flying FS9 for I don't know how many hundreds of hours, and I have NEVER seen cloud formations like those square ones until I started using FS Skyworld 2004. I guess it could be coincidental, but why didn't I ever see this prior to using FS Skyworld?My guess is it's a combination of things. Maybe some other textures, like your night textures, or your sun textures, or your sky textures, combined w/ cloud textures from FS Skyworld. Maybe from the last update to AS2004.5?I just think it's strange that if it's an FS9 only problem, you'd think these textures would have come up long ago in this forum, wouldn't you? (shrugs)

Guest flight

Yep, that's the ones. Could you imagine lookin' out the window of yer plane in real life an' seein' that? Yowsers!Bet they get square hail wherever those babies let loose!Thanx Jim.

Hi, I have found the problems and like I said from my previous post, it is related to fs2004 weather default engine, cloud formation with layers of clouds, I have been able to recreate this with manual weather setting in default fs2004 without any addons, (See Pic Below)We will try to prevent this fs2004 issue, in the future with active sky, we are working in this, I will send the report to damian for the fix to implement in active sky. -This issue may not appears always, since it should have the same combinaisons of real weather metar.)-There can be differents kind of this pattern density of this issue in a moderate case or more noticable case.This shots contains no weather addons, ALL default and complete fs2004 weather engine with ALL default fs2004 stock texture.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104426.jpgThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis