Sign in to follow this  

Hi everyone.Have installed Activesky with the latest beta build and FSUPIC but seem to be getting an issue with the weather that is shown in the metar versus the weather displayed.Been noticing recently that I do not get the correct cloud cover. For example when the metar shows 21/22 I get almost clear skies. My understanding of this parameter is that it means the sky is nearly overcast (or maybe I am wrong and its the other way round?)I am not sure what is happening but the weather does not appear to be generating itself properly. Settings are as recommended in this forum and in the manual.Appreciate any feedbackThanksjohn

Guest Fjorko

HiNo, that means TEMP/DEWPOINT TEMP i.e. they are what your Temperatures are.Cloud cover will be shown as "FEW 030" or something like that. Overcast is shown as "OVC 025" within the metar.The different abbreviations are also discussed in the manual (HTML format) which can be found in your START->PROGRAMS->ACTIVESKY2004 menu folder.** To Damien/Jim **Guys, how does your program decide WHAT TYPE of coulds to draw if you have for instance a FEW 025 in the METAR. Most of the time i get flat stratus and almost never get CUMULUS on the FEW cloud METARS. Also, you will see that if you refresh AS2004 a few times, you are almost guaranteed not to get the same cloud coverage or TYPE for each subsequent refresh.I do have Clouds at 100% and set to DETAILED.Cheers

Hi,Also cloud type randomness is weighted by the computation of overall air stability, based on the lapse rate from the relevant aloft conditions. Lower air stability = more cumulus. High air stability = more stratus.Hope that helps!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies