Sign in to follow this  
tbird

AS2004 Low Baro settings not working

HiThis is my first post at this forum.I've have been a long time user of this incredible software and I haven't had much problems using it, but today I tryed to take a flight at ENZV with this metar in use;ENZV 081520Z 31036G47KT 9000 SHRA FEW010 BKN014 05/03 Q0970 TEMPO 3000 SHRASNGSThe problem I encountered was that I couldn't set the baro correctly in FS when I used the "B" key. All I got was 1014, and the FS ATIS reported 1013. (wind directions and all other information was correct)I can tell you that yesterday i did a complete re-install of AS because I moved the FS catalog from the C drive to the D drive.After the transfer the flightsim works great as it always has:)but the only problem I have now is the baro settings.pls see attached pic.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/102967.jpgAS ini;//AS2004.5 configuration file B163[General]WindowPosX = 105WindowPosY = 105DefaultWeatherFolder = D:FS2004ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59LastPlanFolder = NONEIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = TrueDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = 1AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEFSUPIC ini;WindSmoothing=YesWhiteMessages=NoThrottleSyncAll=NoGraduatedVisibility=NoLowerVisAltitude=0UpperVisAltitude=25000UpperVisibility=6000GenerateCirrus=NoWindShearSharp=NoUpperWindGusts=YesExtendMetarMaxVis=NoPatchSimApAlt=NoAutoClearWeather=YesExtendTopWind=NoWindSmoothness=5SmoothPressure=NoPressureSmoothness=5SmoothVisibility=YesVisibilitySmoothness=2MaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000MinimumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=0MaximumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityOvercast=0MaximumVisibilityRainy=0OneCloudLayer=NoThinClouds=NoThinThunderClouds=NoCloudThinness=1000ThunderCloudThinness=10000CloudTurbulence=NoCloudIcing=NoWindTurbulence=NoSuppressAllGusts=NoExternalOptionControl=YesAutoTuneADF=NoMagicBattery=NoKeepFS98CloudCover=NoRudderSpikeRemoval=NoElevatorSpikeRemoval=NoReversedElevatorTrim=NoAileronSpikeRemoval=NoShowPMcontrols=NoTrapUserInterrupt=YesNavFreq50KHz=NoClockSync=NoSmoothIAS=YesSetVisUpperAlt=NoVisUpperAltLimit=6000SuppressCloudTurbulence=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=NoSpoilerIncrement=512TCASid=FlightTCASrange=40TrafficScanPerFrame=10AxisCalibration=NoCentredDialogue=NoClearWeatherDynamics=YesOwnWeatherChanges=NoFixWindows=NoFixControlAccel=NoWeatherReadInterval=4MainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...MoveBGLvariables=YesMaxIce=-4ShortAircraftNameOk=NoAutoTaxiWind=NoDisconnTrimForAP=NoWindSmoothingDelay=0WindSmoothAirborneOnly=NoVisSmoothingDelay=0VisSmoothAirborneOnly=NoZeroElevForAPAlt=No[JoystickCalibration]FlapsSetControl=0ReverserControl=66292MaxThrottleForReverser=0AileronTrimControl=0RudderTrimControl=0Aileron=-16383,0,0,16383Throttle=-16193,16065CowlFlaps1Control=0CowlFlaps2Control=0CowlFlaps3Control=0CowlFlaps4Control=0Elevator=-16383,0,0,16383Rudder=-16383,0,0,16383SlopeAileron=4SlopeElevator=5SlopeRudder=6Mixture=-16380,16380Flaps=0,0CowlFlaps1=0,16380LeftBrake=-13843,13970RightBrake=-13843,13970PropPitch=-16193,16380thanksReid St

Hi again and thanks for your reply!Yes, I did refresh AS several times and I am sure I gave FS enough time to process the weather. As for the screenshot shown above with the PMDG cockpit, I used that so the baro setting could be seen better. I sow the problem when I was planing a flight with the flight1 ATR and at the time AS and FS had been active for atleast 10 minutes and as I've mention above, AS was refreshed several times. The same problem occurred at ENGM and I do know the baro at that time was exstremly low due to a heavy storm passing over southern parts of Norway. The baro was all the way down to Q0965 here at ENZV.I did for instance try another airport, not in Norway though but the local metar for that specific airport was set at Q0980 and that worked fine when I used the "B" key strokeI was just wondring if this is a problem in AS that it cant simulate baro pressures low as Q0965-970?The FSUPIC version I'm using is 3.44Thanks again for this great product and all your support!Reid St

Reid,EDIT: Just read your mail again and realized that you probably was more concerned about the difference between the AS reported QNH and the QNH in FS and the PMDG. So please read on with a grain of salt... ;-) I'm still interested in that RA.1 mbar is not that much... in our simulated world. I'm sure this is due to rounding errors.I'm more interested in how you managed to get the RA on ground! :-eekCheers,

Hi Mats,Well, as for the RA on ground it's because I changed aircrafts from the default Cessna over to the PMDG and took that snapshot just seconds after the sim had been reloaded.:( Thats the reason why you see the RA on ground.Reid St

Well today it happend again, this time at ENBO where the baro at this moment is Q0973.See attached shot;http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/103224.jpgThe rw at ENBO is approx 40 feet AMSLWhats going on here, it seem to me that if the baro is < Q0980 the FS altitude setting is being messed up.Is there anyone else who is experience this problem when the baro pressure is low as this?Is it a bug in AS/FSUPIC or what?ThanksReid St

Hi Jim, and thanks for your swift reply!Yes the panel and AS is matching, but that is because I've set the altimeter manually to the baro setting reported by AS. As you can see I'm at -150 feet AMSL:) and I should be approx 40 feet AMSL.If I hit the "B" key I get Q1013 and the AMSL is correct, but as you understand it differs to whats reported by AS.Just for the record, yesterday I had a flight with the PMDG and everything went as it always has, no problems at all.I would really like if someone could recreate this situation just to check if their system is working as it should and/or if they are getting the same results I have when the baro is as low as I've mention.ThanksReid St

Hi all,Indeed, there is a failsafe mechanism within AS2004.5 to prevent possible erroneous baro reports from providing strange baro conditions. Unfortunately this has the side-effect of limiting the max ranges of baro pressure. I will open up the code here and improve so that such low indications that are verified by correct METAR syntax WILL be properly simulated. Look for this fix in the next beta update.Thanks for your feedback all!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi Damian and Jim!As always, the support your giving us is amazing.Thanks once again!Reid St