Sign in to follow this  
Guest bonjourmoi44

Clouds at night

Guest bonjourmoi44

My clouds at night look like they are from a cartoon. Very unrealistic. The clouds during the day look perfect, but at night they look like they are from fltsim 98. This happens w/or without active sky, but since this is a weather forum I though maybe someone would know the way to fix this! Thanks.

If you use the FS Sky World (freeware) you can have night clouds almost invisible (at least very dark). They look a whole lot better. I agree that default clouds at night are too bright and because of this they look very cartoonish.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest flight

It could also be your cloud density setting in the weather settings tab. I've noticed that if I don't have my density set to 100% my clouds at night look almost like they're cel-shaded. Or as you said, "like they are from a cartoon".

Guest bonjourmoi44

Thanks for the advice. I have 3D at 100% and coverage at 100%. I was able to get a screen shot of my night clouds. I do not think it has anything to do with AS, but like I said earlier this is a cloud program and if anyone has advice I would be very grateful.

Guest TrafficTraffic

I only wish they were that visible in real-life. With a full moon, maybe.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

Guest bonjourmoi44

Yeah, that is an issue I have always had with night clouds in FS. At least now they do not look like clouds from FS 98. BTW, does anyone know how to get good night clouds without have the screen at the highest resolution setting? It really puts a strain on my system. Also, for Chris, I know you have two cloud replacement zips. One is high performance which will drop FPS and they other will not drop frame rates. Is this right? Also, will even the clouds that do not drop FPS, are these better quality than the default FS clouds? Thanks for any info.

Hi Cameron,Have thought about how the clouds during the night look as well, what resolution are you using now when the clouds look pretty OK to you?

Richard Åsberg

Guest bonjourmoi44

The only resolution that I have found where the clouds at night look somewhat realistic is 1280 X 1024 X 32. The other resultions do not look to good to me. However, during the day I can use X 16 rather than 32 and it looks fine.

OK, I'm using 1280x960 since this is the resolution recommended for the PMDG panel but I'll give 1280x1024 a go and see if it makes a big difference.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg