Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

Watercooling and upgrade advice...???

Happy Holidays everyone! I'd love some opinions to help make a decision here. I fly mostly FS2K2, Falcon4 SP3, and IL2. My system has held up quite well, and I'm big into tweaking and tuning for max performance. However, FS2K2 has become the main reason driving my upgrade (everything's on order to arrive next week). My two main questions are:1) Would I see enough benefit from adding a water cooling system from Innovatek to the new system (see specs below). I'm already putting in an air cooled Termaltake AX-478 which gets some great reviews...and a Lian-Li PC-65 aluminum case...so maybe not that much benefit...priced at around $255 USD.2) Should I do a HD wipe (data enema)with a clean install of WIN2KPro SP2 or reinstall over existing installation? I don't mind clean install but to my knowledge I have to reload everything else too - FS2K2 is pushing 8Gigs. My main upgrade here is CPU (Intel 2.8 retail), Motherboard (Asus P4T533-C (i850E chipset with HT capable for next CPU), and RAM (Samsung PC1066 Rambus)...trying to squeeze every last drop out of that P4.Thanks for any thoughts!GinoCurrent System Specs:1Ghz AMD Thunderbird OC'd to 1.533Ghz (yes...it's stable!)Asus A7v133 motherboard384M PC133 SDRAM (CL2-2-2)Antec 350W Power SupplyNew System Specs:2.8Ghz Intel P4 OC'd to 3.somethingAsus P4T533-C i850E motherboard512M Samsung PC1066 RDRAMAntec True 430 Power SupplyLian-Li PC-65B Windowed Black Aluminum caseCommon System Specs:Win2KPro SP2 (SP3 and WinXP apparently broke SCSI RAID for now)Turtle Beach Santa CruzVisiontek Geforce4 4400Ti (OC'd to 300/635)2 Cheetah X15-36LP 18G SCSI U160 15K RPM HD'sAMI Megaraid Elite 1600 2 channel u160 SCSI RAID controllerPlextor UltraPlex 40 SCSI CD-ROMAdaptec 19160 u160 SCSI controller (for Plextor)19-in. Cornerstone p1450 monitor17-in. Viewsonic e773 monitorThrustmaster Cougar HOTASCH FlightSim Yoke and Pedals USB

Guest jase439

Talk to Mike Toussaint (Mike_T) about water cooling solutions. He has quite the setup.