Sign in to follow this  
Guest vbmartell

Printing flight plan report

Guest vbmartell

My flight plan displays correctly and I can use the scroll bars to view each line.But, when I send the report to the printer some line are very long and the print off the right hand side of the paper resulting in lost data.What do I have to do to get the report to print all the data, properly formatted line by line so I can read the entire report.Thanks to anyone who can assist,ActiveSky is a wonderful programVaughan Martell, Jr

Hi,That for your positive remarks! Now, this is a first so let's first try to look at your printer settings. Do you have an option for maximum print area? If so, then turn this off. Also, can you tell us what printer you are using and what OS you are running under?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest vbmartell

Hello Jim,I have an HP LaserJet 5 printer.As far as I know there is no setting for maximum print area.I am using MSXP Professional operating system.I have printed your manuals and support information without a problem as well as all other e-mail etc.Before sending you a request for help I filed the flight plan several times with the same results printing.The complete flight plan was selected for printing.Departure weather ..... short line prints OKKDTW 101552Z 27009KT 10SM .... short line prints OKKDTW 101127Z 101212 29012K P6SM .... Long line prints off right edge of paper.The report prints in landscape mode. I did not select landscape mode before printing the report.Does your report generator specify an output mode (portrait or landscape)?Thanks again,Vaughan Martell

Hi,The report generator automatically prints in landscape mode. We hope to save paper that way!Does the report start on the very left hand side of the page?Is the text a normal size or is it very large?In your example, how much of that third line printed out until it reached the end of the page?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest vbmartell

Hi,The left margin is 3/16 inch (landscape mode)The right margin is 3/16 inchThe font size that printed is 10 (small)155 characters printed on the long line before reaching the right margin.35 characters are missing (compared against your ActiveSky window)The ActiveSky window had several lines of data. I had to use the scroll bar to view each line.Vaughan Martell

Hi Vaughan,I will do some testing on this and attempt a better method for more consistent line display.. thanks for the feedback!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest vbmartell

OK,Thanks very much,By the way, is everything OK at my end. Some of the print lines can be so long they will not format correctly to the printer?I know that some older MSDOS type text files could do this type of thing if the program that generater the text file (NotePad?) did not have line wrap turned on..... or maybe it was the program that read the text file ?I really do not know too much about output formatting so should probably keep my mouth shut.Vaughan Martell

Guest vbmartell

Hi again,Think I know why I am printing very long lines in your reports.On page 40 of your manual it states that each FM element(FM0900 VRB03KT ETC.) starts a new line, indented five spaces.The report should look something like this (short lines)KLAX 100543Z 100606 BKN020 FM0900 VRB03KT P6SM SKC FM1300 VRB02KT 4SM BR SCT150When my ActiveSky report prints and encounters a FM element it does not start a new line! And I do not know why. There should be a line feed character in your report generator when aan FM is encountered. My report looks like:KLAX 100543Z 100606 BKN020 FM0900 VRB03KT P6SM SKC FM1300 VRB02KT 4SM BR SCT150Enought FM elements strung out would eventually cause it to run off the right edge of the paper!Hope this additional information helps.Please let me know,Vaughan Martell