Sign in to follow this  
ulisses

GoFlight Hardware Question

Guest flightpro08

Hey everyone. I'm consider purchasing a couple of GoFlight hardware producst for Christmas, but before I do, I have a couple of questions.Right now, I'm specifically looking at buying one GF-166 Versitile Radio Panel and one Landing Gear, Flaps, and Trim Module. My question is will both of these pieces of hardware work with the following payware add-ons:-Pilot in Command 767 by Wilco-Dreamfleet 737-400 by Dreamfleet-PSS Airbus A3xx by PSS-PSS 747-400 Package by PSS-PSS 777-200 Package by PSSThanks for any help. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Hi,I have recently bought the GF166 and GF-LGT units. Unfortunately I'm only able to use the GF166 at the moment because I'm awaiting a rack to mount them in.I fly the PIC767 with Radar Contact v3 and the GF166 works just fine with it. I'm sure the LGT unit will also work okay as it uses default FS2002 commands. You should steer clear of the autopilot unit as that won't work with 3rd party autopilots like those in the PIC767 and DF737. Having said that the MCP747 by Aerosoft works brilliantly with the PIC767. Take a look here... www.mcp747.com/Hope that helps.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Stephan Haas

Ryan,You also might want to have a look at the GF P8. The GF 166 is able to do all sorts of radio's, but switching between them is not something to be done in flight. The GF P8 enables you to use one GF 166 for all radio's and transponder. Both work with PIC 767.The Aerosoft MCP: if you have the money, go for it. It's a great thing and adds a lot of realism to you PIC 767 flying. Some functions do not work with the DF 737 however.Kind regards,Stephan Haas

Guest flightpro08

Hello,P8 is a lot more useful than T8, I suggest you to buy at least one P8 and one GF166.I started GF with the follow setup:T8GF166P8G45LGTafter 2 months I included:T82xP8GF166With the MCP and the GF166's, the G45 isn't so useful as before...but I suggest you to buy as many P8 as you can :)Go Flight is writing a software to assign keyboard shortcuts to the P8. Very useful !I have the Aerosoft 747 MCP as well...Very nice.....Go Flight a money eater stuff :)Ulisses

Guest flightpro08

Ryan:Just wanted to add my two cents. Can't comment on the compatibility issues, but I have been using the go flight avionics hardware and throttle quadrant for about three months now and can't imagine flying without it. Choosing the right units depends somewhat on what aircraft you like to fly. I mostly fly airliners, and would therefore recommend the following units:Two GF 166's For radios - One for NAVS and one for COMS, even though a single GF-166 can be programmed to do it all. The reason for this is that its nice to be able to visualize the frequencies you have dialed in for NAV1 and NAV2 simultaneously, or to be able to see and tune the desired COM frequencies and NAV 1 frequencies for the ILS at the same time without togggling between them on final approach. One GF-45 and one GF-P8Can be programmed for all of the important autopilot functions. One GF-LGT:The landing gear module just because its so cool to throw that handle up and down! This combination of units allows you to get the most functionality without spending money on unneccessary units, and it all fits in one of GO FLIGHT's full racks. Very neat and efficient.Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.