Sign in to follow this  
gsand

AS2004.5 B163 Questions

Good Morning Damian and Jim,I'm a former WxRE user and recently purchased AS2004.5. I like the program and am getting the feel of things but have a couple of questions.1. No matter what I do, I can't get the destination weather to fully set until I'm on final, usually 2-3 miles out. Example: KDEN to KASE- no real difference between the 2 except Altimeter which was 3032 at KDEN and 3049 at KASE. When I was about 25 miles out, the ALT went to 2992 while everything else was there, clouds, wind, etc. ALT rapidly went to 3049 when I was 3 miles from the threshold. I'm using registered FSUIPC 3.44 with all weather off and your recommended defaults except for cloud layers (3) and visibility (40).2. As a follow up to 1, the altimeter seems to always be changing, sometimes very rapidly and will often settle on 2992 for extended periods, even when Flight Watch is reporting a different altimeter for a close airport. Any ideas?I'm sure that I've missed something somewhere but I have been through the manual several times and am stumped.Any helpideas greatly appreciated.

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Hi Jim,Thanks for the quick reply on a Sunday. Here's my .ini file://AS2004.5 configuration file B163[General]WindowPosX = 7530WindowPosY = 5070DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 3LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 40IncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = TrueDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = -5AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONELastPlanFolder = C:Documents and SettingsGerald SandridgeMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesAlso, tried another flight with absolute minimums and defaults on both FSUIPC and AS except cloud layers (3) and max vis (40) and it happened again. Weather at destination didn't change until middle marker. I'm really puzzled.Thanks, again, for any ideas.Best,

Gerald

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Hi Jim,Sorry for the delay. I had to leave last weekend on an unexpected business trip and didn't get back until late Friday.I tried your suggestions and have done several flights without any success. Latest was this morning using the PMDG 738 from KMSO to KSLC. I did the usual load of FS and am using clear weather theme as my default. After loading FS, I cleared the wx then activated AS. I loaded the flightplan and then did the refresh. KMSO was fine with clouds, vis and altimeter all as reported. Enroute the wx all changed according to the forecast in AS and all was fine until I got about 110nm out from KSLC. Then, the altimeter went to 2992 with everything else ok. When I got within 50nm of KSLC, I lost everything except winds. KSLC ATIS was reporting dead on with what Flightwatch was reporting, even though the vis was at least 20 and the altimeter was at 2992 (KSLC was reporting 3039).At 20 out, alt went to 3012, which was still well below what ATISAS was reporting:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104502.jpgWhen I got 8 miles out, just before GS capture, I took the following screen. Reported vis was 1-14 mile, which as you can see was not reflected in the sim. Altimeter was still 3012:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104503.jpgThe weather didn't catch up with me until I was approaching the gate, approx. 5 minutes after exiting the runway.Here's a capture of my options screen:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104504.jpgI am really puzzled, especially when I see messages from others saying they don't have any issues. Can you shed any light on this problem? Right now, I consider the program to be not really useable as I cannot complete a flight and have the destination weather correct.If there is something I am missing, please let me know.Thanks,

Gerald

Hi,Thanks for all your data. It makes things better for me and I thank you for that. One thing I want you to try: Take the Force Destination Weather Zone and turn it Off. Then see what happens. Even though others are reporting no problems, there is something not quite right on your machine.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Hi JimFirst, apologies for the lengthy delay. I left for a 3 week business trip to the west coast on the day of your last message.Now, the great news. I upgraded to B174 on a clean install and everything works great! B174 is the smoothest yet and all updates and destination wx are working fine. This version rocks!Thanks to you and Damian for this great addon and your good support.Thanks Again,

Gerald