I have a question that is really more a weather & METAR question than an AS question, but it does affect the accuracy of AS weather displayed and I know you guys know the answer.I live less than a mile from KGRK. Ever since I

KILE being an automatic station means that it will always report visibility of 10 or greater miles as 10 SM. This is pretty standard for automated stations. They also usually report visibility of less than 1/4 statute mile as M1/4SM.

AVSimSig.jpg

Guest Grahm

I think the same goes for these stations as well:KGPT 181653Z 04006KT 10SM CLR 06/M10 A3066 RMK AO2 SLP382 T00561100KBIX 181655Z 02006KT 7SM SCT120 BKN200 05/M11 A3065 RMK SLP380GPT is only 7nm west of BIX. KBIX is a Air Force installation. KBIX metar NEVER shows visibility greater then 7. Even when the sky conditions are clear. I think military stations that report weather have visibilty default set to 7 no matter if it's crystal clear with unlimited vis.

You may be on to it. KHLR is Fort Hood Army Airfield. KGRK is the old Gray Army Airfield. It just became the new Killeen Regional, but is still co-use with the Army.B