Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mark Wisted

Panda antivirus deleting file

Guest Mark Wisted

Hi, I have a problem with my Antivirus program automatically deleting a file in the AS2004.5 program. It seems to detect the file as an adware/spyware and automatically deletes it before I can stop it. Subsequently AS2004.5 stops working. Here are my system specs:P4 2.5ghz windowsXPSP2 home, 1 gb ram, ATI radeon 9800pro.running FS9 without the 9.1 update. My antivirus is the Panda Titanium 2005 which has numerous protection options including adware/spyware protection. I did a search and found nothing relating to this in your forum? Turning off my antivirus is not an option as it will detect it when it is restarted. Also I prefer to have the adware/spyware protection enabled so is there a possibility to somehow have Panda not see this file? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Mark Here is the info Panda reports about the file in AS2004.5 it sees as being adware:File name: VirtualBouncerEffects: It collects information on Internet usage and the applications installed in the computer and uses it to display pop-up advertisements. Affected platforms: Windows XP/2000/NT/ME/98/95First appeared on: March 22, 2004 In circulation? No Brief Description VirtualBouncer is adware.Adware is a license form for using programs, which offers the application at the only cost of viewing a series of advertisements. However, these programs sometimes collect data on Internet usage habits, pages viewed, inventory of the applications installed in the computer, etc.Then, this information can be sent to Internet advertising companies.

Hi Mark,This is the second report of Panda deleting a file that AS needs. However, your file is different. Now, one thing to make clear to everyone: VirtualBouncer is no way connected to AS, and AS is in no way, shape, or form installing adware/spyware on anyone's system.You may be able to tell Panda to exclude scanning your modules folder.Please let us know what you find out.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Mark Wisted

Thanks Jim,I will try and do that and let you know how it works outMark

Guest Mark Wisted

Further to my last. All I can do with Panda is tell it to ignore a file type. I re-installed and once again it found the file calling it "adware/Virtual bouncer". This time I paid attention to the specific file it was finding offensive and deleting. It is a dll file in AS2004.5 called "ChilkatZip.dll". I'm reluctant to tell Panda to ignore all dll files. Any suggestions or insights would be appreciated,RegardsMark

Hi MarkLike yourself I use Panda as my virus scanner. I have never experienced the problem you have, but I use End it all prior to loading FlightSim 2004 which shuts down all programs which run in the background including Panda.You may want to try shutting down your virus scanner prior to loading FS2004.Good LuckKenny G

Guest Mark Wisted

Hi Kenny,Could you tell me if you have Panda Titanium 2005? I just upgraded to this before Christmas. Also do you have the "Chilkat.dll file in your FS9 folder?Regards,Mark

Hi,Yep I'll comment, that file is a valid programming file. It has it's own web site, charges a small fee for users, provides technical support, and so on. The problem is that Spyware and adware developers have started using the same file.We ARE NOT collecting any data from users. We ARE NOT installing any spyware/adware on anything.Spyware programs are starting to flag it, because of it's POSSIBLE use on systems. In the case of Panda software that I pinned at the top of the forum, they actually researched the file and declared it to be a clean, legit. file. Panda then updated their software to stop flagging the file. Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg