Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Active Radar: i'm in trouble!!!

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

It's my turn again.When i load MSFS flightplan and update i can read for every FP way point: wheather not available; i'm sure, ActiveSky is loaded and weather is updated ( can also listen to ATIS messages via COMM.122.00. BTW is it normal to get voices switchings after report started?Also, the radar screen doesn't show anything but navaids.What's wrong here?Thanks in advance for helpingLuigi ;-)

Hi,In AR you need to turn on the Airports display by using the Radar Arrow and clicking on the 3rd button. Same with your flight path, which is the fifth button.The voice may switch if you tune 122.0 then un-tune it. The voice should not change in the middle of a reading.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi,my problems are not navaids on the radar screen but the weather itself that never displays on the screen(black).maybe this is related to the fact that also loading fp I cannot see any weather station active.ThanksLuigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi,severe thunderstoms here (MKJP 20050115_18Z). I'm still on the ground! My precip line is empty and also weather stations are inactive after flightplan loading. And, the worse, AR screen is empty! I only can see locations in red and flight path in yellow.Thanks for helpingLuigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

In AR Tracking screen i see red ICAO and the yellow flight path.BTW is it necessary to load a FS flightplan to have AR screen showing clouds?ThanksLuigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi,sorry for my last post, i misunderstood your question...Thought i'd posted some pics to show you what's happening on my pc; i do not get those colourful weather radar screens at all despite flightplan loading. What should i do? Do i necessarily have to load MSFS plan to get AR infos?Thanks again for helpingLuigi ;-)Here's my plane parked at MKJP. METAR reports heavy thunderstormshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104055.jpgMKJP Reporthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104056.jpgand finally AR screens (nothing seems to happen :-()http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104057.jpg

Hi,Here is your situation: your AR is not communicating with FSUIPC. I need you to uninstall FSUIPC.dll and FSUIPC.ini from your modules folder. Then re-install FSUIPC.dll. Lastly make sure to re-start FS, and AS. Then see if the weather tracking screen shows your location.For right now I want you to forget loading and processing a flight plan.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

so i did...deleted both FSUIPC.dll and FSUIPC.ini in modules folder, reinstalled FSUIPC.dll v3.4.4.0After that i re-started FS and AS but again AR seems not functional :-(Now i have to tell you that i'm running AS on a networked PC via WideServer v6.4.4.0; sorry for not mentioning before... but weather and also Voice Flightwatch feature comm 122.0 work just fine on FS PC.Now, what should i do?Thanks again for helpingLuigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi,yes, i did.Now my FS2004Modules folder contain ActiveRadar.dll and a folder called ActiveRadar and inside this folder i can see one folder called FPA(empty)+161 files, one of them is called ActiveRadar.cfg.On the AS PC i can find a folder called ActiveSky2004Modules that contains ActiveRadar.dll and a folder called ActiveRadar; its content is identical to thr folder on FS machine.Maybe should i edit ActiveRadar.cfg?Thanks a lot for your patienceLuigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

IMHO it does.weather keeps updated via network connection and, as i said before, i also can get voice reports tuning my comm. to 122.0 (at least at departure airport); but this doesn't mean that report is correct...Surely weather changes several times along flight and if i slew my plane from USA to Europe i can see weather report changing on AS PC and weather changing on FS PC.Maybe all is related to the fact i usually fly offline?Luigi ;-)