Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Active Radar: i'm in trouble!!!

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi,did a complete uninstall/reinstall of AS2004 v1.0+build163; when launching ActiveRadarConnector2.exe, after AS2004.exe located on the mapped drive on AS PC and FS2004 path located on FS PC, i get a new error message :-( http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104244.jpgMaybe i misunderstood the meaning of ...Mapped Drive to the ROOT...What should i do at this point other than copy/paste the ActiveRadar.dll file and ActiveRadar folder (from the AS2004 installModules folder) to FS9Modules folder (as suggested in readme file)?Should AR work also this way?Thanks again for your patienceLuigi ;-)

Hi Luigi,Mapped drive to root means that on the FS machine you need a drive letter (such as F:) mapped to C: (for example) on the wideFS machine.Then when you are using ARconnector2 you run it on the FS machine and select the AS2004.exe program via F:INSTALLDIRMODULESACTIVESKY2004AS2004.exe.It sounds like you may have AS2004 installed on both the WideFS AND the FS Machine? It should not be installed on the FS machine, this can cause problems. If this is the case make sure it is completely uninstalled from the FS machine. The arconnector2 program will copy the files necessary to the FS machine and update the proper registry entries.There is a manual method you can use as well if you continue to have problems:-------------1) Install AS2004/.5 on the WideFS machine2) Copy the Activeradar.dll and Activeradar folder from the WideFS InstalldirModules folder to your FS9Modules folder.3) On the FS Machine, map your drive as usual4) Open regedit on FS machine, and add this key/value (string):HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareHiFiAS2004Install_PathAnd set it to your AS2004 location through the mapped drive (i.e. F:INSTALLDIRModulesActiveSky2004-------------Once all this is working, we need to verify that AR can talk to FS via FSUIPC ok (as that was the original problem). You should get a closest station ID shown and a proper distance. If this is working, then the radar should work! If not, please send us your FSUIPC.log file, perhaps the problem will show up there... Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

>Hi Luigi,>>Mapped drive to root means that on the FS machine you need a>drive letter (such as F:) mapped to C: (for example) on the>wideFS machine.That's what i miss... perhaps!My networked pc's are called FIRST and SECOND. From network resources on FIRST PC i can see all SECOND partitions.They are called C DISK on SECOND, D DISK on SECOND, E DISK on SECOND; ActiveSky2004 is installed on SecondE DISK.From SECOND PC i can see all FIRST partitions: C: D: E:Can you please explain how should i map SECONDE DISK to read F:?Or i can keep the original name and select the AS2004.exe program via SECONDE DISKAS2004MODULESACTIVESKY2004AS2004.exe? (this is what i did when i got the error).Thanks for helpingLuigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi,thanks to your precious help i sorted out my trouble.What i was missing was the Regedit entry as explained in Damian post.Now all seem to be OK.FINALLY!!!!Thank you very much for your precious support :-coolAn happy customer :-jumpyLuigi ;-)