Sign in to follow this  
Guest bonjourmoi44

Active Sky w/other add-ons

Guest bonjourmoi44

Active sky is wonderful, I love it! It worked perfectly, no problems, a joy. Then I had to go and add some other programs. Now the clouds flicker (like they are on fire) every once in a while. They look jaggad. Some are are so skinney they are about to disapear, next to clouds that are thicker. It looks krazy, like I am on drugs. Either way, are there any known issues associated with Active Sky and FSGeneis US land class and or rails, roads and streams? Like I said, Active Sky worked great, then I installed these programs and now blah. Nuts. Anyone know? Thanks.

Hi,Thanks for the kind words!I have both FSG Landclass and R R and S and use them with no problems. Now, did you add any cloud textures? You may need to go back to default clouds or look at your Render to Texture setting in FS04. This looks to be more of a cloud graphis/video card problem, but we'll still try to help!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest bonjourmoi44

Thanks for the quick reply. I know you use these programs, you provided the link in another topic! That is why I thought maybe you would know if there was a connection between these programs. All I know is your program worked wonderfully until I added the other programs. I do appreciate your help, however. Alright, I have not installed other cloud textures. My render to texture box in not checked. I did have a flickering problem in the past, but this was solved by unchecking that box. If the problem is not associated with the other programs, then do you have any idea why clouds would look like they are on fire (that is, if you can imagine a cloud in the shape of a horizontal flame, going up and down, disappearing and reappearing)? Something weird happened to the clouds and I am not sure what. I am stumped.

Guest bonjourmoi44

Thank you for the suggestion. I have recently updated all my drivers. I was only curious if you knew if there were any known problems between the programs. As there is not, I will tweak my system until I get it right. Thanks for your input. Your prompt responses have not gone unnoticed!