Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pabra

File Downloading Here is a Breeze!

Hi Everyone,I am always amazed at how smooth the file searching and downloading is here compared to other sites....There is no 'logon-all-nodes-busy-nonsense' - simply 'search and go'......I hope many more software developers and uploaders recognize this fact and submit their creations here on a regular basis!Many thanks to Tom and the (back-office) gang for making this site a pleasure to visit! :)[marquee]Thanks[/marquee]

As a web developer (kind of :+ ) i am TRULY impressed how smoothly whole avsim.com site runs!!! All the time... :9 Seems to handle traffic load quite well... I'm little qurious on what platform is run here, on what hardware and software ???And the overall design and usability is a top notch! I give 10 pts for the developers of this site!!!

>Well, we run three servers; http, ftp and mail + backup. We connect to a very large pipe and which we pay big bucks for every month.Overall design? Thank you.. That be me - despite the grumbles from staff. Now, have I told you about that baby ##### (yellow) scheme we once implemented? I think we should go back to that.... :-lol

EDAMHey, Mr. Cheese, Welcome - how have you been? - I kinda missed your wit!it must be 'witless' over in the 'other parking lot' now you are here :-lol ... anyway, stick around - this is a great place to park :)[/font]... answer to your question - NO - just eyes!!

Guest SlimDady

I hope you are making enough money to pay for that. The bandwidth you guys use is crazy, I hope its not coming all out of your pocket.

Hehehe! Maybe it's now time for brown layout scheme if yellow is not an option anymore :-badteeth !!!Just keep the content living and the site light, speedy and functional (sites are usually only as good as the weakeast single factor of those ones)!!! None of those can be sacrified at any level because anything else, IMHO. And i think you -> :-halo <- have those things in order! Cheers! :-beerchug p.s. i hope too, that you got money to stay on the big highway

Tom,Yes, I figured it was at least a T1 or a bunch of DSO's.... In general the site is cleanly presented (I'm no so sure about the baby-####-yellow (uggggh) color scheme - probably went down like a 'straight shot of vinegar' :-lolI think I would leave that kinda color scheme to sites specializing in babies... :)White, as a BGCOLOR I find, from writing HTML has a more respectable ring about it, and generally a classier more professional look - your staff will, of course, appreciate that when they are working on layouts!One minor suggestion, to throw on the table: perhaps a more obvious site-map (larger text?) for newcomers (particularly as the site expands) It would help them find appropriate sections faster... maybe a 'new visitors start here' arrow or map?? Just an idea?....

Guest Pabra

Couldn't live without it! I have cable and get real high numbers when downloading, up to 200 kbps max. 10 mb in about 30 secs! Can't compare with other sites. Amazing. A true nightmare if Avsim would cease to exist....It's my daily newspaper.Thank you Tom.An fs oldtimer, see sig :-)