Sign in to follow this  
Guest ukbadge

ActiveSky freeze!

Guest ukbadge

I am very new to ActiveSky, but so far I have been impressed and wondered why I hadn't bought it before. However a problem keeps occuring since I installed it yesterday. Every now and then, when the radar is on it completely freezes. Its not a CTD exactly, but it might as well be. I have reinstalled AS and still it happens.I run FS with S-Combo, FS Nav and Active Camera but I haven't seen any posts yet about it freezing. It seems to be related to the radar.Any ideas?

Hi,Yes, this is a new one. Some suggestions:Run FS with Render to Texture checked Off.Stop running S-Combo for right now.Does this happen when the Radar is first turned on or after awhile?What are your basic system specs?Any 3rd Party cloud textures installed?Video driver up to date?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest ukbadge

No it doesn't happen straight away, mainly mid-flight. Given the choice between the radar and s-combo I'd prefer s-combo, but I will get it a try. I'll try some of the suggestions, but first the specifications.P4 3.2ghz processor1Gb RAM128mb GeForce 4 nVidia Graphics

Hi,OK try those things out. I ask users to stop using other stuff to try to narrow down the problem. After that they can continue using things.Does this happen in the same general area of scenery?I'll wait until you have tried some things and you post back!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest ukbadge

Its definitely the ActiveRadar thats causing the problem, not the AS programme.

Guest ukbadge

Made a couple of flights without s-combo and the problem persists. Although FS locks up, I am able to switch off the radar and it all comes back to life. I can live with that.

Hi,Also make sure Alt Radar Render is OFF in AR settings...

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest ukbadge

Well that seems to have done the trick....thanks for all your help.