Sign in to follow this  
Guest freequest

More Virus-Filled emails

I've started getting the virus filled emails again, with the sender always being something attributed to FS. The latest was a email titled "Merry Christmas" from "fsplanet". My McAfee caught the virus so I could safely delete it. Has anyone noticed an increase of these messages in your inbox lately?

Guest B52Drivr

Same here, I usually e mail the sender and tell them they are sending a virus . . . and my virus protection catches it, thankfully.Best to all,Clay

Not much point emailing the sender because in most cases the apparent sender has had his/her name hijacked for the purposes of viral distribution.

Guest freequest

Well lets see every day i get about 10-20 in my Busness inbox.. but it appears to be holding steady for now.I do get the full range off email viruses :) ... And then there is that bloody spam. approx 500-600 a day thanks god for spamkiller.You would not beleve the number of banned domains i have on my system.

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Wow! That much spam. I haven't had one email in two years or so with a common address. No spam software installed either.

Guest freequest

yes its very bad for me... and theres not much i can do about it wish i could take legal action of some type... but most of these guys dont live in the same country.

Hi,We have some very old email addresses and get 30 virus emails a week. Mostly Klez.32 but a few bugbear now and then. BobP

I know where you are coming from mate. These spammers use software to scan the internet for domain addresses, then bombard their customers with spam. The ones I get have several other addresses with the same domain. I have had so many that I am tired of sending abuse reports to their ISP. However since they are a free email service, they have nothing to lose. I wrote the CEO of my ISP, but doubtful they will block another ISP's mailer. If you have your email listed anywhere on the internet, they will find it. That is why I am glad AVSIM's new email program prevents stuff like that, with the exception of the feedback section of the reviews page. Brent

Guest freequest

it sucks dosnt it Bob... a bonus is my virus scanner only has to catch the ones the ISP misses :) lucky they run a virus and spam filter as well.