Hi! I used to use wxRE in 2002 but bought it towards the end of my running 2002, so I never became very knowledgeable about this weather stuff.Just purchased the wonderful AS2004.5 last night now that my computer can handle weather, LOL.I loaded a flight tonight after setting up AS the way I wanted it, and I set out to ABQ from PHX in the PMDG 737. Everything was fine as far as I can tell, although I think the sky is rather clear right now. Two things. The weather at ABQ didn't seem to completely stay the same after crossing that 100nm zone. The altimeter was 30.38 and the wind was about 024/04, however when closing in to the ILS the wind was reported as 010/08. I swear it changed, but shouldn't it have stayed the same, or are my settings not exactly right. I have the surface winds set to 5 knots for now because I literally couldn't use weather on my slow system without performance issues and the wind shifting problem drove me crazy. I'm titrating my surface winds up slowly in other words. :)Also, the tower and ATIS in the sim reported 29.92, but the AR and Flightwatch said it was still 30.38? How's that possible? I also had a couple stutters that I felt might be AS updating related over the threshold. //AS2004.5 configuration file B147[General]WindowPosX = 5055WindowPosY = 3690DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 6000SurfaceWindLimit = 5CloudLayerLimit = 3LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 1MaximumVisibility = 59LastPlanFolder = C:Documents and SettingsChrisMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = TruePreventIcing = FalseOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = TrueGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = FalseExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = TrueUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = TrueLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 20VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = -7AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 20TAFProcessing = TrueEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = TrueUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONERegistered FSUIPC .iniRudderSpikeRemoval=YesElevatorSpikeRemoval=YesAileronSpikeRemoval=YesSmoothIAS=YesFixControlAccel=YesMagicBattery=Yes[General]History=*************TCASid=FlightTCASrange=80TrafficScanPerFrame=10AxisCalibration=NoCentredDialogue=NoClearWeatherDynamics=YesOwnWeatherChanges=NoWeatherReadInterval=4MoveBGLvariables=YesMainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...WindSmoothing=YesAutoTaxiWind=NoWhiteMessages=NoThrottleSyncAll=NoGraduatedVisibility=NoLowerVisAltitude=0UpperVisAltitude=25000UpperVisibility=6000GenerateCirrus=YesWindShearSharp=NoUpperWindGusts=YesExtendMetarMaxVis=NoPatchSimApAlt=NoDisconnTrimForAP=NoZeroElevForAPAlt=NoAutoClearWeather=YesExtendTopWind=NoWindSmoothness=5SmoothPressure=NoPressureSmoothness=5SmoothVisibility=YesVisibilitySmoothness=2MaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000MinimumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=0MaximumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityOvercast=0MaximumVisibilityRainy=0OneCloudLayer=NoThinClouds=NoThinThunderClouds=NoCloudThinness=1000ThunderCloudThinness=10000CloudTurbulence=NoCloudIcing=NoWindTurbulence=NoSuppressAllGusts=NoExternalOptionControl=YesAutoTuneADF=NoKeepFS98CloudCover=NoShowPMcontrols=NoMagicBattery=YesRudderSpikeRemoval=NoElevatorSpikeRemoval=NoAileronSpikeRemoval=NoReversedElevatorTrim=NoTrapUserInterrupt=YesNavFreq50KHz=NoClockSync=NoSmoothIAS=YesSetVisUpperAlt=NoVisUpperAltLimit=6000MaxIce=-4WindSmoothingDelay=0WindSmoothAirborneOnly=NoVisSmoothingDelay=0VisSmoothAirborneOnly=NoSuppressCloudTurbulence=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=NoSpoilerIncrement=512ShortAircraftNameOk=NoFixWindows=NoFixControlAccel=No[JoystickCalibration]FlapsSetControl=0ReverserControl=66292MaxThrottleForReverser=0AileronTrimControl=0RudderTrimControl=0CowlFlaps1Control=0CowlFlaps2Control=0CowlFlaps3Control=0CowlFlaps4Control=0SlopeAileron=0SlopeElevator=0SlopeRudder=0

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Okay, will do. I raised it to 6000 since a couple places I fly into are above 4000, but it was at 4000 during the flight.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Hi,Also the wind change sounds normal, you have "wind drift rate" enabled at 20 sec intervals.. change this to 0 to disable any wind drift...As for the pressure being off, please try B172 (avail. at top of forum) if you have the problem again, there were some FSUIPC process changes which might be related (need to also update to FSUIPC 3.45).Let us know!Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Okay, I set it to 0. I had just attempted a flight from Bangor to Boston in the PMDG and it wasn't a good flight. I was surprised to see such awful frame rates when climbing into the clouds. I'm gonna need to get a different set of clouds, but which ones? I'm using the HiFPSv2.zip and I think the DXT version. Would the 32-bit work better with render to texture turned off, or is that no longer an issue?I know it's the clouds because last night was fine and the sky was pretty clear. No problems with FPS then at all.Today's flight had the winds shifting me all over the place. one minute I'm climbing just fine the next I'm at +6000 FPM and losing airspeed like crazy. Also during cruise the wind shifts would bank the plane about 5 to 10 degrees. I'd prefer any wind shift be as slight as possible so this isn't so problematic. I'm less worried about realism to be honest. This is why I want weather to remain unchanged when descending into my arrival.I'm gonna update to 172 and see how it goes.Asus A8V DeluxeAMD 64 3200+GeForce 6600GT 128MB AGP1 GB DDR400 RAMSB Audigy 2

- Chris

I installed 172 and set the options the way I wanted. Set force suppression to 150 and set wind drift rate to 0.Flew from PVD to BGR and it was snowing at PVD. Good overall climb out of PVD and aside from airspeed variations all was okay. My frame rates were still lower than I'd like, but I installed a better set of FSW clouds and lowered my draw distance to 60. That seemed to help. My only issue with the wind is how the airspeed has to fight to stay constant. Is this just how it is when aloft?The other potential issue was the AR said it was lightly snowing at BGR and the altimeter was 30.31. At about 50 miles out when getting a hand-off from ATC they said the altimeter was 29.92?? Then the wind on the AR for BGR said it was 360/0? It wasn't 360/0 and it wasn't snowing. So many conflicting reports. With 150 nm suppression it should have stayed at 30.31 with 040/04 wind and lightly snowing. Am I wrong? Also, is the wind aloft supposed to get suppressed at 150 nm as well?I'm sure I cleared my weather in FSUIPC and made sure my weather theme was clear with no rate of change.

- Chris

Hi Chris,I need you to use the shift/Z display for your data for now. Now what is happening to your winds on the FS display? Are they shifting all over in direction or intensity?All supression settings mean that the data will not be updated. It does not mean that the data will not change.Your AR may need to be installed again. That is why I am asking you not to get your data from it rihgt now.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Okay, I'll take a look. I have used Shift-Z and the winds were different, but I didn't pay as close attention. I'll do a couple more flights and see what happens.Thanks

- Chris

Hey Jim, I just did a short flight in SoCal with the default Caravan to make it easy on me. The Shift-Z winds are consistant and only shift when the wind direction or speed shifts. No crazy or unstable readings at all. The Shift-Z winds seem to correlate with the right wind data. It's the AR I find to be off. It still reported winds and pressure that were off from what they were at my arrival airport. It wasn't a huge difference but wrong nonetheless. How do I install just the AR without effecting my 172 build?I'll still do some more flights before I get back on here to be sure though. Appreciate the help. The weather looks awesome!

- Chris