Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

AS2004.5 B174 Update Officially Released!!!

PRESS RELEASEFROM: HiFi Simulation Software2/09/05 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE--------------------------------HiFi has announced the official release of their newest Weather Simulation effort: ActiveSky2004.5 Build 174. This new revision of ActiveSky includes several fixes and enhancements as requested by users, continuing the tradition of ever-improving weather realism for desktop Flight Simulation. All AS2004 and AS2004.5 users can update free of charge from http://www.hifisim.com/downloads.htm. ActiveSky2004.5 B174 is the result of over 3 years of continued development built on the award-winning AS engine, and aims to be the most realistic and complete real-world weather simulation engine made exclusively for Flight Simulator 2004. Unique features include integrated weather/flight planning, dynamic forecast processing, included radar and wx info display module, high-resolution private data server system with weather archive access, wake turbulence simulation, overcast enhancement effects, smoothing and full FS2004 integration. If you are interested in learning more about ActiveSky, please visit the HiFi Sim website at http://www.hifisim.com.Special thanks go out to Jim Skorna, the entire Private Beta Team, Pete Dowson, AVSIM, and all our users for their help and support!!!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Great news :)BTW any chance this update also having the Greek stations that are missing?RegardsChris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest DNelson

Thanks Damian! Quick question: will the 174 beta that was available last week eventually time out, or can we just continue to use it?Dan

Great job Damian & Jim, but I'm still having the problem with my Radar screen. This problem started with MR1 and continues even with this latest update (today). It's snowing like crazy in Detroit and raining in Atlanta, the weather shows up as it should but the radar doesnt show clouds whether I choose color or black and white. I tried your suggestions of reinstalling AR (no help), manually clearing weather via FSUIPC and reforcing a weather update (no help). I am using the latest fsuipc 3.45. I have enable "show radar details" also. I tried zooming the map from 25nm to 200 nm and no clouds show up. I am using the suggested default configuation (with online updates enabled though. Everything else is great. Any ideas, its kind of bumming me out. Thanks for your continued support!!!

Guest EISN_CONTROL

Well I've installed it and after I complete this flight I'm going to uninstall it. The wind changes are unbelievable and make planning a descent impossible. I got from being perfectly on a descent profile to near stall speed and then almost immediately to overspeed which makes the AP go crazy.It's a shame, thanks for your efforts though.John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

I haven't downloaded the latest version, but I've been having those same radical wind and pressure change problems with the previous build (1.46, I think? Not at home right now). I was hoping they had been addressed with this latest release. I've been following the threads on the subject in this forum, and have tried all the tips that have been posted, but to no avail.Regards,ScottKJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

>I got from being perfectly on a descent profile to near stall>speed and then almost immediately to overspeed which makes the>AP go crazy.Are you sure that you have not just encountered the wake turbulence of another aircraft (most likely AI) in front of you? There is a thread related to this point further down in this Forum.

AVSimSig.jpg

It's not wake turbulence for me. This happens at all altitudes from 3000' agl up into the flight levels. Dosen't matter whether it's a DC3 or a B727. Yes, I've seen the wake turbulence threads and have it turned practically off.Regards,ScottKJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

OK, if you fly the same route, offline, but with real world weather do you get the same issue happening?If it doesn't, it may be that the weather information supplied by the online system is at fault and AS is just interpreting it the best it can.If it does, then with the same information, I'm sure the AS developers can investigate and fix if needed.

AVSimSig.jpg

Guest Jan Bergwall

Hi,I purchased AS2004.5 just a couple of days ago and I'm very pleased with the product. Everything just work as expected.When I checked what version I'm using it says B147 in the corner down right of the main user interface. Does it mean I should update to the new beta Build 174 release or did I get it the new build with my download?Regards,Jan Bergwall

>When I checked what version I'm using it says B147 in the>corner down right of the main user interface. Does it mean I>should update to the new beta Build 174 release or did I get>it the new build with my download?The B147 displayed in the bottom right corner indicates that you have build 147. This was the last shipping version before this latest update. Sounds like you just missed it when you purchased.You should update to the new build 174 release, which is now the latest release version. After you install it, it should say B174 in the bottom right corner.

AVSimSig.jpg

Hi Qauntum,I guess it's build 147 that I'm using, and I fly totally offline all the time with downloaded weather.Regards,ScottKJMS

Scott Cebula

Hi John,FSUIPC is what is handling all wind smoothing. If you are having problems with failure of wind smoothing it I suggest contacting Pete Dowson via his forum at http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html. Please let us know how you make out!Best,

Damian Clark

John,Have you tried disabling DWC in AS options, any change?Best,

Damian Clark