Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

AS2004.5 B174 Update Officially Released!!!

Hi have you made sure to load the flight plan via AR? And load a FP in AS prior to this?If you continue to have problems please contact me directly @ damianc.hifisim.com for a troubleshooting session.Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

mankal4,I need you to go to the tracking screen and see if it shows your current location and if the precipitation line reads anything. The snow in Detroit was not fun this morning as it was just enough to ice up the roads for my morning drive!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

I'm just slightly confused with the readme:"ActiveSky2004.5Build 174FSUIPC 3.45 or later is required! ........**** INSTALLATION **** (MAKE SURE FS2004 IS NOT RUNNING)........ 2) Install FSUIPC 3.40 or later "I have to stick with version 3.40 as I use FSHotseat, and v3.44 and above causes a problem.So can you clarify the confusion here for me please - is v3.40 good to go with build 174?Thanks

I think the problem with the severe wind direction/velocity and barometric pressure shifts has been solved - at least for me.I noticed that when I was using FSUIPC v3.44 (I'm a registered user) under the winds section, the wind smoothing check box was greyed out, although the other boxes on that page were not. I didn't pay much attention to it since I had the "let FSUIPC control wind smoothing " (or something like that) box checked in AS2004. Last night before I simmed I downloaded and installed FSUIPC v3.45 and when I fired up FS, I found that the wind smoothing box that was greyed out in v3.44, was no longer like that - I could put a check mark in it! Which of course I promptly did.I flew a couple of flights. One in south Texas in the MAAM DC3 at around 4500' MSL. No problems. Flew another flight from Munich to Zurich at 10,000' MSL in a Convair 340. Once again no problems. Yes, the winds did shift direction and velocity, but they did so in a nice and smooth manner.By the way, this was still using AS2004 build 1.47. I haven't downloaded the latest build yet...maybe this evening.Just wanted to let you know, and to thank all those who responded.Regards,ScottKJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Thanks Jim, I have e-mailed Damian per his request and we are trying to sort this out. I'll post when we come up with a solution. How many software developers actually have one on one sessions with their customers!!! You guys really stand behind your product, and that keeps many of us loyal to Hifisim.:-)

Guest Johto

Oh man, this version roks !Works much smoother than the older 16x version, now i have again found that random turbulence effect is back what i somehow killed with older version + fsuipc installation... lot less juddering and soo much smoother flying in general and the smooth visual transitions seems to works too!Thanks :)

Guest robkeith1

I purchased Active Sky just prior to the new update. Love it, never seen better weather cloud effects. However since updating to the new build have noticed some different behaviour that is perplexing. One such instance is when instant replay, the aircraft seems to lag behind the actual time then speeds up in fast motion to catch up, has anybody else experienced this, and if you have a fix i would be intersted to know

Guest pilot_guru

"One such instance is when instant replay, the aircraft seems to lag behind the actual time then speeds up in fast motion to catch up"I assume you are talking about the 'Instant Replay' option in FS9?If this is the case, it has nothing to do with AS2004 - it is purely a FS9/Computer/System issue. The Instant Relay is a replay of the flight - reading directly from a cache? or a file? produced by FS9.On my system, I get 'lag' in Instant Replay WITHOUT AS2004 running or having been run. It is a normal occurrence for my system. The more info it has to rewrite (eg weather/clouds, intense scenery etc), the more lag I experience.So you dont have to ask - my system specs:2gig P4 CPU1gig RAM128mb AGP Video cardOn board Soundregards,DaveBeta Tester Wx RE and AS2004

Guest bluepilot

Hi Damian,The link kindly provided yields a file called AS20045-Update.zip with contents dated October 18 2004, containing B147.Please point me to the proper spot, as I clearly have downloaded the wrong file.ThanksBrendon

Guest bluepilot

It most certainly does.Thanks Jim.