Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

Display problem after installing Windows XP service pac

Installing SP1 is the worst thing you could do to your computer!I've done that also...preformance was down by 50%... stuff washanging up and could not shut down windoze...and I have no cracked/hacked sh.it ... uninstalling SP1 ....heh are you kidding? it sucked even more.... had to reinstall XP completely.....SP1 NEEDS a SP for itself!! argh...

Guest jase439

Why would you reinstall XP when you could simply uninstall or do a System Restore?

Guest gasebah

BTW the problem described is not necessary SP related as I have the SP on my computer for many weeks and ran in this problem only yesterday.Alex

Guest Flyingdutchman

Hi Jasper,To bad FS won't run anymore :(But, maybe you could send an E-mail to microsoft, since Windows XP, the servicepack and FS are all made by mircosoft.Don't forget to tell your specs and software details ;)Good luck,Evert(BTW...I already missed you shots @ the Screenshots forum :-hah)

hiwell, the system restore did not work...and that was actuallymy mistake. I've turned it off because I felt sorry for about the 4gigs of my hdd to be taken up by it.I did an uninstall of the SP1 in the 1st place...but I wish i never did that because with that I also got removed some other programs links (dunno how), the whole system tray thingie was missing (nothing running there anymore), etc...etc...

I don't know if this would be of any help, but it's worth a shot. I had a similar problem a while back with SP1. Screwed up XP twice and had to reload 3 times (3rd times a charm:-) ). Anyway, I only had the graphics problem when I had used Active Sky AND Active Camera. Got no problems anymore after removing Active Camera. Active Sky works fine now by the way. But for me it seems to have been a problem with Active Camera and since removal, no more problems. I hope this will help in some way to give you other options to look at.Mike BaumannUSD

Guest gasebah

Thx. I removed active camera the problem presists.Alex

Hello guys :)I just formatted my computer a hour ago. Before I formatted my hard disk, I've tried the WindowsXP restore function. It seems to work well, because my display corruption in FS was gone. But now I had other troubles. I had some errors during the startup from WinXP and I couldn't get a connection with the internet. So now I'm spending the rest of the sunday with installing Flight Simulator again.good luck to the rest of you, who have also the same display problems.Jasper http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3de267cd2e0b7ebb.gif

Guest gasebah

Jasper,are you saying you reinstalled Windows, or only FS2002?After trying almost everything to get rid of the problem the inevitable happened. I managed to completely mess up my FS2002 and maybe my computer. Fortunately I have an image of the partition on a separate HD but that is almost 6 month old. The question is:Should I first try to reinstall flight simulator and risk that I do it in vain. Or should I make a complete system restore to a state back 6 month ago.I think I found out that the whole problem has something to do with my multi monitor setup and the way FS2002 is assigning its displays to different monitors. Seems that registry entries within FS2002 refer to other display settings than actually are system state.I also find that my computer is doing strange stuff. If I change the resolution of let's say the 2nd monitor also the first monitor switches modes. I bet this is realted.Alex