Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight

build 174 strange fog occurence

Guest flight

Check out the pics. When I go below this line, all clear. When I rise above it, fogs in. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Hi,Looks like an issue with the terrain and the closest station's evelation entry. You are flying below what FS thinks is the ground, thus the haze layer is starting too high. What is the closest station in that pic? Check out it's elev entry in wx_station_list.txt, you can adjust the elevation to better suit the airports you are flying into/out of. Hope that helps!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest flight

I'll check that out, however, I don't have the "depict fs9 haze layer" option checked, unless you mean the "fog layer generation" box. That I have checked.

Hi,Even with FS9 haze "off" the layer is actually still there, it just extends up to 100,000ft (so the ceiling is masked).Best,

Damian Clark

Guest flight

You'd think there'd be a better way to get rid of it. Thanks Damian for your help.

Hi,We can't get rid of it because it is needed, any actual visibility depiction must occur within the vis (aka haze) layer.

Damian Clark