Sign in to follow this  
Guest United

Build 174 Problem

Guest United

Build 163 worked great for me, I use it through WideFS on my laptop, no problem. So, I installed build 174 and the data downloading/writing process became very very slow. With build 163 there never was more than 10 seconds pause between weather stations during a download/write, with build 174 getting 2-5 minute pauses, yuk! I tested this in multiple areas of N.America. So, I reverted back to build 163, now it's fine! Back to 10 second or under pauses between download/writes. So, why the big difference between the builds??? Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest United

Oh!, OK, so we are to expect significantly longer writing processes with build 174, I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!!Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest United

Build 174 seemed to exceed the ability of my laptop (pentium 4, 3.2) and network speed (still just version b unfortunately) to transmit data to fS9 with any efficiency at all. So I gave back ActiveSky control to my main FS9 computer and if anything, build 174's updating is faster by 1.5X than the laptops build 163 speed. Live and learn! Thanks Jim.Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest kdundon

I just worked out a simular problem with Pete Dowson this past weekend. AS2004 would delay, stall and take forever to update. I found out through some frustrating times that the delays were caused NOT by AS2004 or WIDEFS but by Mcafee Security Suite. At least on my setup. I had this happen on my laptop and my desktop I use with flight sim via Widefs. This may not be your problem but if you have Mcafee Security Suite installed, uninstall it and reinstall just the virus scan and see if it changes your process time. This may not apply to other setups like I said it definately did affect mine. Ken

Guest United

I never thought of that, I have Norton anti-virus on my laptop but took it off of my PC, maybe that's the problem!Randy Jura, KPDX

Leave an antivirus/firewall on your machine but go into task manager and shut down unneeded services. You should also be aware that many protection programs do not completely uninstall.Norton AV was one of them.If you use online gaming leave your firewall up but customize it to allow the ip addresses and ports of your trusted host sites, both in and out. You may have to customize it to allow packets from the data servers of hi-fi sim by name and ip address as I alsoways get a warning about some kind of probe (probably user authentication) when downloading weather data in AS2004.5.

Guest United

Thanks for the reminder, I do that all the time on my main PC, never even thought of doing it on my lapptop DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!!! ... a Homer momentRandy Jura, KPDX

Guest kdundon

Your absolutely right. However, I have xp and service pack 2 and I activated that firewall. Forgot to say that in my previous note. As much as I hate to admit it, the MS firewall combined with the Mcafee Antivirus has my computer clean and safe. I will be testing again this weekend to finish up with Pete's request for some more data and I am going to reinsall the firewall, spam program, and privacy manager to determine the guilty program. By all means though at least activate the MS Firewall for safety.