Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bondomania

FS9 ATC And Runways Assignments

Guest Bondomania

Will ATC ever change the runways in FS9? If I'm sitting at an airport with AS running and the wind direction changes via AS, would ATC change the runway in use? I remember it doing this in FS2002.

Guest speight

Forgive me if I am wrong, butI think it does change the active runway, given time. You could change the time manually, or go accellerated time for a minute to clear the AI on finals.

ATIS and AI both refresh when you advance the time one minute after AS completes it weather writes. The reason is that the FS9 engine cranks up either the default flight or loaded flight with the saved weather situations and establishes runways, AI airport patterns including taxiing AI, before the AS weather writes take effect.If you have a registered FSUIPC you can assign a function to toggle AI off and back on to do this. When you do AI will reload with the now correct current weather as will ATIS update.