Sign in to follow this  
Guest DC-10 Levo

FS Always Disconnected

Guest DC-10 Levo

Hi, I have just installed ActiveSky along with all the updates however when I load FS then load up ActiveSky, I always get the message that I must start up FS and then press refresh. It doesn't realize that FS is running. Here's a screenshot:http://img78.exs.cx/img78/5968/activesky9sn.jpgThanks for your help.DC-10

Hi,Yes, there have been a few reports of this. Suggestions for you:Try a uninstall/reinstall cycle with all anti-virus turned off.Switch to Online Mode.Turn this Option to On - IgnoreFSReadyStatusPlease let us know. We are working one-on-one with you few users!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest DC-10 Levo

Works perfectly now. Re-installed the whole thing and switched to online mode. It now says "FS Active".Thanks for your help!DC-10

jim, same problem here but no cure. did uninstall and then reinstall activesky2004 and update2 (build 174). online mode does not help. still says 'start fs2004...'.phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

well, don't ask why but it works now. did install the latest update again and then downloaded pete dowsons fsuipc directly from his homepage. again, may be a conincidence but it works now.phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Hi Gentlemenhave exactly the same problem - AS2004 does not realize FS is running.AS2004.5 B174 , FSUPIC 3.45 (unregistered)- Have done uninstall/reinstall as suggested above, antivirus turned off- Online mode active- IgnoreFSReadyStatus is checked on- FS is running and I am positioned at gate then I start ASNothing helps, after AS has started the message 'AS not connected to FS' keeps staying and it does not update weather.Never had a problem before, with earlier update and FSUIPC 3.4 AS was working like a charm. Problem occurred only with B174.Any help will be highly appreciated!ThanksAlbert

As edit to the above message:If there seems to be no easy fix for the problem I really would like to ask you to make the latest available build (was it 147 ?) available for download again. At the moment I am downgraded to build 81 again as I did not back up the last installation before installing build 174!

Hi all,Nothing has changed in B174 that can be related to this except for the fact that we have required the new FSUIPC 3.45. Apparently this version is having a problem somewhere. We are investigating.For the latest official version before B174 (B147) use this link:http://www.hifisim.com/AS20045-Update.zipThanks all for your patience while we sort this out.. FWIW we have yet been unable to duplicate this on any of our 7 office test machines or any of our dozens of beta tester's machines... Any instances up until now have all been solved by re-installing FSUIPC (3.45).Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

There have been application registering problems with some versions of W98, W98SE, don't know about WME. There is a pinned topic on Pete Dowson's page here:http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54with a work around.I'd look in the modules folder to see if AS is registering with FSUIPC.BTW, many AS4 betas ago, installing the update wiped out my FSUIPC full registration. I had all the .ini and key files backed up so I got my full registration privileges restored. That has not happened since.