Hello,Everytime I try to launch Active Sky after installing the new update, I now get the windows installer popping up and asking where the folder containg the installation package for active sky2004.5 update.msiPlease help!Thanks,Jeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

JSkorna, You are the answer man around here, I'm sure you haven't read this post yet, because I know you would have the answer, unless I've stumped you... Anyway this is a bump.Thanks again,Jeff

Jeff

Guest speight

I think it might be that your antivirus programme has removed the chillkat file, see post at top of orum.

Thanks for the replies, I'll try that outJeff

Jeff

Negative, it's been in the same place for a while, I still haven't tried the above suggestion because, even though that message pops up not only when I try to start active sky, but when I start Ultimate Traffic and other programs as well, I can click cancel all day long, but if I hit the X to close the pop up, I only have to do it like 5 times before it goes away. I know it sounds like a terrible thing, but I'm pretty lazy and since you guys put out updates so often, I might just wait for the next one and see if that alleviates the problem. lol Unless of course you have another solution. BTW: I just read the post at the of the forum, but it doesn't apply as I don't/have never heard of Panda.Thanks,Jeff USAF

Jeff

Guest stefanator

I think you'll find that Panda is not the only anti-virus that is deleting this file. Av force is a suspect.

Ok, I really need help with this one folks, I tried to update with the new (2-28) service update but this message that I talked about in my earlier posts keeps popping up. Like I said before it pops up when I try to start either Active Sky or Ultimate Traffic, sooo.... I deleted AS2004 altogether and used disk cleaner then deleted my temp folders and files, and then started Ultimate Traffic. Sure enough I still get this message and at first I could live with it, now it's annying the heck out of me. Please help!Thanks,Jeff USAF

Jeff

Hi,OK here is the deal! Your Windows registry has lost track of where UT and AS are. You can delete folders forever and not solve anything. We don't support the editing of the registry, but that is the first option.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Somehow I fixed it by reinstalling the Maintenance file on your webesite. I also bought a reg cleaner for $30.00 as they say it will help improve overall performance. Hope it was worth it.Jeff USAF

Jeff

Jim,Yes, thanks for sticking with me on this one. I don't know what caused it, but now you know a solution if anyone else ever has this problem. All and all, UT and AS weren't the only programs affected by the issue I was having, they were just the only two related to Flight Sim :) So you can see why I was getting anxious.Thanks again,Jeff USAF

Jeff