Sign in to follow this  
Guest mkinon

Cloud draw distance?

Guest mkinon

Hi,I am very satisfied with AS!!! Its great.I was wondering what is the difference in FS2004 between "Cloud Draw Distance" and "Sight Distance?" I have my Cloud Draw Distance set to 80nm and my Sight Distance to 90nm.Also whenever I fly with my Active Sky it seems as if the clouds are only around my a/c and NOT spread throughout my entire sight distance. I have my weather suppression range set to 100nm laterally and below 4,000'.Thanks,merritt

Cloud draw is how far in a ring around you FS draws clouds. Sight distance is the maximum distance you will be able to see to the horizon...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi,Thanks for the kind words!! Are you limiting your visibility through AS?Cloud DD is the range that FS04 is draw clouds.Sight D is the distance FS will draw objects.Depending on ALL the local stations clouds may not be drawn forever. Remember, weather is now station based and if stations are reporting CLR then no clouds will be drawn around those stations.If you are limiting your visibility, you can push back both of those settings to around 60/60.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest mkinon

Jim,Yes I am limiting my visibilty through AS. It is set to 60sm, as stated in the AS manual. I guess my question is, does AS only limit my visibility of the surrounding weather to 60 sm? Also, should I be limiting my visibility using AS or limit it through FS9? Hopefully that will sovle my problem of having clouds only around my a/c when the METAR for stations all throughout my route show some sort of ceiling.Sincerely,merritt