Sign in to follow this  
bucifan

How to force destination weather?

Is there a way to have the weather say in a 25 mile radius of my destination, stay the same as my destination weather. KMSP was reporting 1 mile in snow, ceiling 900 OVC, but I didn't see that weather until I was coming down the g/s about 4-5 miles out. I was doing the approach in a scattered cloud layer in sun until about 4-5 miles out and then the weather changed instantly. It would be nice to have the weather for the whole approach be the weather thats at the airport!I amusing build 174 with the latest FSUIPC version. I don't click use minimums, but click clear all weather before I load AS. Does that make a difference?//AS2004.5 configuration file B174[General]WindowPosX = 6210WindowPosY = 3855DefaultWeatherFolder = E:FlightSimsfs2004ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 85IncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = TruePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseDisableAllGroundUpdates = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = FalseExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = TrueUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 15VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = -6AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = TrueEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = FalseStartPaused = TrueUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONELastPlanFolder = C:Documents and SettingsOwnerMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesAny suggestions would be appreciated!Rick

Guest Paul Heaney

I Agree, would like to know this myself.

Hi Rick,With ForceDestinationWeatherZone On as you have it, things should be like that. Not sure why yours changed.Might want to reduce your visibility to something more realistic than 85, 60 if you want unlimited 59 or less if you want limited.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Jim,I changed visibility to 59 miles, and that is all I changed. I just completed a flight into KMEM, where weather was reported 5 miles in light rain. All the way during the approach, and down the ILS, I could see the airport very clearly. Tower cleared me to land at about 5-6 miles out. All of a sudden the weather changed suddenly to what was being reported, where I could hardly make out the runway.Could you look into why this is happening. I have never gotten force destination weather to work! It would be nice to have the weather consistant within say a 25 mile radius of the destination if it is being forced. That is my one and only complaint about AS, everything else works great and I love the program.....just wish force would work!Rick

Guest Texasflyboy

I have the same problem; on approach the winds slow to calm, then at about 400ft they climb to reported speed. Otherwise could not be happier with the product-//AS2004.5 configuration file B174[General]WindowPosX = 2535WindowPosY = 7755DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 150MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59LastPlanFolder = G:Documents and SettingsOwnerMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseDisableAllGroundUpdates = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = FalseLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueFSUIPC Config settings [General]History=YKPXN9Y6R1Z9EXIOXVN7ITCASid=FlightTCASrange=40TrafficScanPerFrame=10AxisCalibration=NoCentredDialogue=NoClearWeatherDynamics=YesOwnWeatherChanges=YesWeatherReadInterval=4MoveBGLvariables=YesMainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...WindSmoothing=YesWhiteMessages=NoThrottleSyncAll=NoGraduatedVisibility=NoLowerVisAltitude=0UpperVisAltitude=25000UpperVisibility=6000GenerateCirrus=NoWindShearSharp=NoUpperWindGusts=NoExtendMetarMaxVis=YesPatchSimApAlt=NoAutoClearWeather=YesExtendTopWind=NoWindSmoothness=-3SmoothPressure=NoPressureSmoothness=5SmoothVisibility=NoVisibilitySmoothness=2MaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000

Hi Texas,I can't tell about your winds because you just posted part of your AS2004.ini file. I need the whole thing. Also, you cannot be having the same problem because your ForceDestinationWeather is not even turned On!!Post the whole file and I'll be happy to take a look!!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Texasflyboy

LOL, I should've made my case clearer, I have tried approaches with ForceDestWX on and off and extendedDestwinds on and off with the same result also when the winds change the aircraft's airspeed drops or climbs very fast, any suggestions on FSUIPC wind smoothing setting?//AS2004.5 configuration file B174[General]WindowPosX = 2535WindowPosY = 7755DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 150MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59IncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseDisableAllGroundUpdates = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = FalseLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = -8AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = FalseStartPaused = TrueUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONELastPlanFolder = G:Documents and SettingsOwnerMy DocumentsFlight Simulator Files

Guest Texasflyboy

Thanks for the reply, I am not sure about the rate of change. However, when the winds change say during climb or descent the airspeed drops or climbs rapidly; inducing a irregular pitch behavior. I have the wind smoothing setting on 2 for change per sec, any suggestions?

Guest viper18799

Jim,I am also having the same problems. Also, I am occasionally getting some wind shifts. Unsure if it is due to the program or my settings. Below is AS and FSUIPC settings. Any suggestions?Brian===========//AS2004.5 configuration file B174=====================[General]WindowPosX = 3645WindowPosY = 4605DefaultWeatherFolder = C:gamesas2004ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59IncreasedWake = TrueDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = TrueAutoConvertPlanFiles = FalseDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = TruePreventIcing = FalseOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseDisableAllGroundUpdates = FalseGlobalWrites = TrueDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = TrueDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = FalseLocalSuppression = FalseStartupSound = TrueDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = FalseAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 30VATSIMData = TrueZuluConversion = -8AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 5TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONELastPlanFolder = Officemy documentsFlight Simulator Files=================FSUIPC Settings============================[General]History=4NNIAZOWHRFEXRR17G8S9TCASid=FlightTCASrange=200TrafficScanPerFrame=10AxisCalibration=NoCentredDialogue=NoClearWeatherDynamics=YesOwnWeatherChanges=NoWeatherReadInterval=4MoveBGLvariables=YesMainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...WindSmoothing=YesAutoTaxiWind=NoWhiteMessages=NoThrottleSyncAll=NoGraduatedVisibility=NoLowerVisAltitude=6000UpperVisAltitude=25000UpperVisibility=6000GenerateCirrus=NoWindShearSharp=NoUpperWindGusts=NoExtendMetarMaxVis=NoPatchSimApAlt=NoDisconnTrimForAP=NoAutoClearWeather=YesExtendTopWind=NoWindSmoothness=5SmoothPressure=NoPressureSmoothness=5SmoothVisibility=YesVisibilitySmoothness=2MaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000MinimumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=0MaximumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityOvercast=0MaximumVisibilityRainy=0OneCloudLayer=NoThinClouds=NoThinThunderClouds=NoCloudThinness=1000ThunderCloudThinness=10000CloudTurbulence=YesCloudIcing=YesWindTurbulence=NoSuppressAllGusts=YesExternalOptionControl=YesAutoTuneADF=NoKeepFS98CloudCover=NoShowPMcontrols=NoMagicBattery=NoRudderSpikeRemoval=YesElevatorSpikeRemoval=YesAileronSpikeRemoval=YesReversedElevatorTrim=NoTrapUserInterrupt=YesNavFreq50KHz=NoClockSync=NoSmoothIAS=YesSetVisUpperAlt=NoVisUpperAltLimit=6000MaxIce=3WindSmoothingDelay=0WindSmoothAirborneOnly=NoVisSmoothingDelay=0VisSmoothAirborneOnly=YesSuppressCloudTurbulence=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=NoSpoilerIncrement=512ShortAircraftNameOk=NoFixWindows=NoFixControlAccel=NoZeroElevForAPAlt=NoTimeForSelect=4[JoystickCalibration]FlapsSetControl=0ReverserControl=66292MaxThrottleForReverser=0AileronTrimControl=0RudderTrimControl=0CowlFlaps1Control=0CowlFlaps2Control=0CowlFlaps3Control=0CowlFlaps4Control=0SlopeAileron=2SlopeElevator=1SlopeRudder=2Rudder=-16380,-512,512,16380/8Aileron=-16383,0,0,14048/8Elevator=-16380,0,512,16380/8Throttle=-16193,16192/8

Jim,I just flew another flight into KDTW. Weather was 1/4 mile in snow & fog. Again during the whole approach, weather was broken clouds with unlimited visibility. The weather never changed. I was on the ground, pulled off onto the taxiway, and still didn't have the weather. Then across the screen came the weather update, saying the closest METAR was Pontiac, even though I was on the ground at KDTW. I then went and looked at AS and it showed the current weather to be KDTW. Went back to FS and the weather was still the same. Went back to AS and told it to update the weather, then went back to FS, and after about 30 seconds the weather suddenly turned into what it should have been, with 1/4 visibility etc.My question is, when "force destination weather" is active, when is AS supposed to look at the destination weather and then force the other reporting stations to be the same? Is it a set amount of miles? Does it look at it at the beginning of a flight, and then at a predetermined distance make all the weather like the destination?This time was different in the way the weather at the destination never changed even after I landed, until I forced it to update!If there is any things you want me to try, I'm open. I just want to fly a bad weather approach and see the a/p until I break out!Rick

Jim,One thing I forgot to ask. Why are there always so many invalid Metars in AS, since the new version? Does it mean anything?Rick