Sign in to follow this  
bucifan

How to force destination weather?

Hi To Anyone Who Visits This Thread,Please, please, please, nobody else add a "me too" to this, or any other thread. It really makes it hard for us to keep things straight if too many users come along. Also, we have a hard time addressing the proper person. However, if ANYONE has suggestions, those are ALWAYS welcomed. We would rather have unique threads for each users situation, even if it is the same general issue.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

>Hi Rick>>2 questions:>>Are you loading and processing a flight plan?>Where are you seeing invalid METARs?>>Hope this helps,>Jim>ActiveSky Support>http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpgJim, Yes I am processing a flight plan.....this is how I set things up:1. Start FS2 hoose a/c. establish flightplan, etc, then start flight3. choose modules.....FSUIPC, click "clear all weather", or "minimum weather defaults".....not sure which one is correct!4. Start AS, refresh, enter new route, and wait for weather to finish processing.5. Back to FS and start the flight.The invalid METAR's are on AS's main screen. When the flight starts out, it usually shows "No METAR loaded", but after the flight or during, if you check back to this screen, it usually show all invalid METAR's. Not sure if it is significant or not,b ut have really noticed it since the new build.If you need anything else, just ask!Rick

Jim,Flew another flight tonight. Went into KMDT (Harrisburg, PA). Weather was supposed to be 2miles in snow. When I was cleared for the approach and lined up on the localizer, I saw across the screen the green update saying the closest METAR was KCXY. I exited FS to look at AS, and it was in the middle of writng station data, but very, very slow. You could see it updating maybe 5 or 6 stations, then pausing for a few seconds, then writing 5 or 6 more. Initially, it pretty much flys through the writing at the beginning of a flight. Am I correct in that AS will not update any more until it has finished writing the current updates. Again, I was on the ground before I saw any weather for Harrisburg, or AS showed KMDT as the closest METAR.I hope this information helps in some way and is not confusing!Rick

>Hi Rick,>>You may have a bad install of AS and or FSUIPC. I may suggest>that you uninstall and re-install both of these.>>Hope this helps,>Jim>ActiveSky Support>http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpgJim. Since I see now that I am not the only one with the same exact problems, I think I'll wait before uninstalling & reinstalling. The comments on the new thread are the exact same things I am seeing, with invalid METAR's, etc. Also what that thread says is true....the problem is much more apparent in bad weather!Rick

Jim,Right now I don't have anything saved, but it appears to be invaid enroute METAR's. I don't recall seeing invalid destination METAR's. But I flown fights all over the US, from Alaska to PA, and seen the invalid's.I will log them next time!Rick

Jim, I just processed a flight plan from KMDT to KDTW and got an invalid METAR for KWWD right after processing!Rick

Jim,I am using MCAfee, but it is disabled during flight, along with all un essential programs & services. I don't think it has anything to do with AV, because I have been using McAfee always, and the problems got worse since B174. And as far as Force Destination Weather, I don't think it ever worked for me!I wasn't at KWWD, but the invalid weather showed up under the Fetch, Load Weather File, Save Wx boxes, in that area right after AS finished processing the flight plan.Rick

OK you mean in the Custom Station report window. You can ignore that whole window as that is for information only. That data is not being sent to FS. Ive seen it here and there.Damian will be back on Wednesday. I will point him to this Force Destination Weather situation.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Thanks Jim, nice to know to ignore that data. One question though that I asked and you didn't answer before. If Force Destination is working correctly, what radius from the destination should the weather be consistant with the destination?Rick