I decided to fly around my city, KPHX, and enjoy some rainy low visibility weather. It was an illegal flight since I flew VFR in complete IFR conditions, so don't tell anyone ;)Anyhow, I got into PHX's airspace and heard of a 757 coming into runway 26, so I turned around and lined up with 26, outbound! Sure enough, his landing lights appeared and he was closing in fast. I was in the RealAir Scout mind you :lol I flew right under him and about 4 seconds later the wake hit all at once. It was pretty neat but didn't last very long. Needless to say, another big airliner was right behind him so I got it again, same delay and same short duration. It wasn't as bad as I though it would be, but it did jolt the small Scout around pretty bad. Very fun! AS2004.5 did a wonderful job of transitioning between the ceiling, which I did a lot to get my bearings.Did Damian add this effect or was it already in the default engine?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Well kudos to Damian and all who helped add such a cool effect! Definitely a nice feature. Thanks!

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest flightsimstudios

How severe is the wake turbulence modelling? Will it flip a light aircraft if you take off after a 747???I'd love to know as this is the main reason why I'd buy AS... I'd love to find out exactly what effect the wake turbulence would have on a light aircraft ;)

Hi,Thanks for your interest in our product!! "Flip" is a pretty strong word. I do know that smaller planes have been driven into the runway before an attempted landing. There are 3 levels of wake: off, normal, and increased. Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest flightsimstudios

Hey Jim,Thanks for the quick response... I'm wondering, reading threads from 2003 and early 2004... Have the WT issues been resolved?Also I'm wondering, it seems that the WT settings were slaved to rego numbers? Has this changed?I'm wondering because if it hasn't wouldn't it make more sense for it to be slaved to the aircraft type such as C172, B762, B733, A310 etc etc etc in the .air file? The ATC engine uses this...I didn't see or read anything that spoke about proposed changes to the WT implementation, and it's been about two years since most of those posts were written...Just out of curiosity, what is the liklihood that a visual FX file could be somehow coded and slaved in to aircraft engine exhausts with your software? It'd be kinda cool to see stuff kicked up by the engines...Reason I ask is that you guys have dealt with code and seem to have been able to implement 'aircraft' specific variables... I'm wondering if this could be further developed to be able to 'call' FX files for the AI aircraft ;)Dean.

Guest flightsimstudios

Hoping to find out more about my question above, with regards to WT modelling and if it is still slaved to aircraft rego #'s...I'll buy if I can find out ;)

Hi,Not being the programmer I can't say for 100%, but I think that WT is now based on the AC type. We worked on this so long ago that I can't be 100% sure. Damian is out of town for about a week so I can't ask him! If you are basing your purchase decision on this, I would have no problem suggesting that you wait for him to return! We don't want you to be disappointed!!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest flightsimstudios

Thanks Jim,I suspected it already had been, and your response sure is appreciated...I'm tossing up between buying the registered version of FSUIPC, the Captain Sim 727, the F1/DF 727, Activesky, Activecamera (unless it no longer has head latency FX), fs repaint (I've got a project I need it for).So many choices and they're all around the same price... :(I'd better get back to work on my photoscenery... I'm close!Dean.P.S. Thanks again for the info.