Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

PIC ERJ 145 + Active Sky = Not A Happy Couple

Independently they are both top addons, however, together they don't quite get along. Wind changes in the weather produce substantial changes in airspeed, mostly an overspeed, requiring almost constant throttle adjustment. I have my throttles calibrated and using the latest build of Active Sky. Any ideas as to how I can improve this situation ( I know that similar issues have been covered before). I also have the registered (latest) version of FSUIPC.thanks.ricardo

Jim:thanks for the quick reply. A couple of things: no, I'm not redlining it. The ERJ 145 has a max speed of, I believe, .78; I'm flying below that at .71-74.What happens are rapid speed increases, say from from .71 to almost overspeed at the slightest change in windspeed (directional change doesn't seem to matter as much). ricardo

Guest MightyMatt76

This problem is also experienced with the LDS 767, just thought I would mention it. Also without ActiveSky. So it my be some other kind of bug.Matthew Niederbergermatthew_banner.jpg[a href=http://www.fsmagazine.nl]Visit FS Magazine, the Dutch Flight Simulation Portal[/a]

Guest Skywalker

The issue might rely to the fact that the ERJ145 has no autothrottle. ERJ145 is only controlling it's speed while climbing and descending with the pitch, therefore, while flying enroute it is absolutely crucial that the pilot pays attention to the IAS.Rgds, Sam