Sign in to follow this  
Guest wmspence

Problem with AS

Guest wmspence

HI Folks,I posted this on the wrong forum earlier...sorry. I'm having a strange issue with AS since my download and install of the upgrade two days ago.Although initially it ran fine, FS now stalls out when I attempt to go from windowed to full screen mode when AS is running. Without AS, all is well, so I suspect some sort of conflict.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. but no luck. The very strange thing is that once or twice it has run correctly, so I'm stumped.Any thoughts??Thanks in advance,Bill

Guest wmspence

Hi Jim,Thanks for the response. Yes, I did update my video drivers, today again, in fact. No luck, although I got AS to work a couple of times by changing my screen resolution to a lower setting in FS9. I also found that by loading AS at the lower setting I was able to increase the resolution once I had maximized the screen following AS updating.The bad news is that it is failing once again despite the manipulation noted above.Anything else that you can think of? The simulator runs normally, otherwise.Thanks again.

Guest wmspence

Hey Jim,Thanks again, I will try that when I get in front of my machine. I'm also going to see if I can reinstall the original AS which I have on cd. I presume FSUIPC 3.4 is there.I imported a new aircraft the other day as well. Any chance that could be causing an issue? I removed it's file without any success but I should probably check elsewhere. Any thoughts?Thank you very much.

Guest wmspence

HI again, Jim.Your solution seems to be working. I'm going to fool with it a bit more this weekend, but so far, so good.Many Thanks.