Sign in to follow this  

I for one vote 'yea' for the new signature rules.

For those of us with measly dial up modems, I think this rules is long overdue and I thank Tom for finally coming up with this restriction. At times, this forum almost looked like the screenshots forum and it took forever to download long threads.

Guest SlimDady

Yea I agree it was a good idea.Us people with high bandwidth connections forget what its like on a crap 56k.I just got cable like 6 months ago, 56k was such a nightmare try to go on forums with huge sigs.

Guest flightpro08

Hell I'm on cable, and some of the longer threads took a few min to download with all of the sigs. The ones I hated most were the wide ones that stretched the screen width.

sigs should just be banned full stop, i never understood the point of them.

Guest dogknot

...sorta like having a belt buckle the size of a dinner plate.:-roll

I understand the reasons behind it, but I kind of liked my old sig :-roll.It's a good decision though IMO.

sigs are great!now with the rule change i am sure i will no longer recognize lot of regular posters as frankly it is much easier to remember someone's sig than someone's name if you are not even trying to remember =)CheersBIK

Well!With the clarification of the new size being 400x60 rather than 140x60 I find I can go back to a reasonable picture and still be only half size. Ahh! Vanity raises its head doesn't it. :D

Hmmm POSKY will need to change all their signature banners if they want to use it here. They always take forever to load, being some of the biggest banners anywhere! :-lolKitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

Guest Timbo

Our banners are larger than most but we optimize them to under 30kb so download times shouldn't really be an issue.

Guest BrianC

I'd like to see the on-screen size of text signatures limited as well. There are some that are twice the size of the one above. There are forum user profiles where we can put the details of our systems and our long lists of favorite airplanes. Obviously bandwidth isn't the issue here, it's just annoyance of so much wasted screen real estate while reading forums.