Sign in to follow this  

I for one vote 'yea' for the new signature rules.

"I like the sigs. They're fun to make, they're fun to look at, and it really distinguishes posters"Slightly disagree here Greg. What distinguishes posters is the quality of their posts.Regards,Rob Young

Hell - I *created* one because the rule reminded me I didn't have one! Simple, yet elegant..

They may be fun the first time, but the amusement begins to pall pretty quickly after you've downloaded them 200-300 times.. And I never understood the point of some of them... why is someone "proud" because they paid some money for RC3? I have it, I love it. It's a great product, but that's exactly what it is - a piece of functional payware, not some arcane reason for pseudo-patriotic chest-thumping.AndyEGTR

I use mine to attract potential bush pilots to my site and my VA. By doing so on this and ALL other sites I visit, it helps raise the number of visitors to AVSIM, hence more downloads from AVSIM. That's what they are in business for. Traffic. As a partner site, it helps them and myself. All my stuff is free, so I feel my repayment to them for letting me live here is to provide them with traffic. This sig helps do that. If I didn't have a site or a VA, I probably wouldn't have one. Don

Guest Fortress

Well, although I understand, I think it's a bit of a shame. I use a sig for two reasons really: to show off my VA membership and the fact it's (only one in the world?) supported and licensed by its realworld counterpart :-)Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo

I love it!!!! About time!!! Some of those signatures are rediculous and that includes the 15 line "text" signatures, but I guess, I'll just have to live with those for now ;-)

I'm overjoyed!!Although some sigs are really useful, like what Don's post is saying, some people actually had two, three, four different banners taking up about 20 times the space of their one-liner posts.I love the belt-buckle analogy...that's exactly what it seemed like to me, as well.mpSmoke while you fly? www.whyquit.com

Seems to me that the only point of having a signature banner is if you are offering something to the community. There's little point saying "this is me, Fred Bloggs", unless you happen to be short of a vanity mirror; although I understand the wish to trumpet VA membership, perhaps. What really has me rolling about laughing are the detailed specs of peoples' computers, however; do they really think we care whether their motherboard is fraggled or sploggled?Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Not taking either side here, but after reading all the rants and raves regarding the new sig policy, I have a suggestion: People with sigs are typically those who enjoy making their own and seeing the sigs of others. People without sigs either don't have the time/skills/software/desire to make them, are generally annoyed by them, or would just rather have them eliminated altogether.Why not code the forum engine to have BOTH viewing AND using signatures a user option? That way viewing would be a choice; those who want to view do so with the understanding that there is a (bandwidth) price to pay for the luxury. Those who (for whatever reason) don't enjoy signatures can elect to have them hidden.

I had to size this down a bit... You may need to put your bifocals on! lol Well... I'm size-2-K compliant now, at least...Sincerely,Phil Geddes