Sign in to follow this  
Guest Astrojet 112

New user problems...Help please

Guest Astrojet 112

Hi Guys,I just purchased AS2004.5 and I can't seem to get it working right.I followed all the FS2004 set up instructions and loaded in the latest version of FSUIPC that came with it.I can download and save METAR files fine,and load them into AS2004.5 with no problem. I choose to fly off line. I can import and load the flight plan with no problem.When I flew for the first time, I loaded in a clear sky METAR for the area. Every time I try to fly I keep getting the same weather. No clouds, even though I fly in areas that have heavy cloud cover on national radar.I hit the Clear All Weather button in FSUIPC the press ALT/ENTERwhich minimises and pauses FS. Go to AS and hit REFRESH, presssALT/ENTER again to go back to FS and it's still the same clear sky weather.Do I need to register AS into FSUIPC? If so, how?What am I doing wrong????Any help would be appreciated, Thanks,Astro

Hi Mark,You almost made me go crazy. I do e-mails first then come here. I answered your e-mail and then went though the rest of the threads and then I see the same message here. What the heck I said, didn't I just read this exact thing and write a response? Please check your e-mail and try out my suggestions!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Astrojet 112

Hi Jim,Still no luck.If I start FS first and then ALT/Enter to start AS.My computer just hangs forever and AS never comes up.If I start AS first and load in Metar and flight plan, then start FS,As always shows the initial location when FS comes up before I setmy real orgin and destination.very frustrating...Could you please walk me through the EXACT steps.I am probably doing something wrong.Thanks Mark

OK give this a try:Start FS move to your starting airport.Clear weather using FSUIPC.Start AS and wait for processing.See, you also use Alt/Enter to exit FS. For some, like me, that switches from Windowed Mode to Full Screen Mode. Try using the Windows Start key to toggle between AS and FS. If this doesn't work, please post your AS244.ini file and I'll take a look later on tonight. Got to go to my temp. part time job scoring student tests.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Astrojet 112

Hi Jim,Well, I got it working...sort of...It crashed Fs2004 15 minutes into my flight. But it looked pretty fantastic!!!One question...I start FS2004,do my flight plan, hit FLY NOW,Clear all weather in FSUIPC...hit the Windows key and start AS2004.5.Does AS2004.5 automatically load in my flight plan?Because after AS2004.5 was done processing, I hit new route and imported the flight plan into As2004.5.Was this redundant or should I be doing this? If it was redundantmaybe that's why the program crashed?I have a P4 2.2 with 1 gig of RAM and I am using the PMDG 737-800latest version.Thanks and GREAT WORK!!!!Mark