Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

Strange wind problem wit latest build

Guest gasebah

Hi Guys,I have a strange problem with the latest build. I suddenly sometimes get some violent winds for a second or two that always come from the left side of the plane. Regardless of the wind direction FS shows. I reverted back to an older version of AS and the problem is gone. I have tested this for hours. This also seems to happen completely regardless of any wind smoothing setings in FSUIPC.Alex

My post back to you in the General FS Fourm:Hi Alex,You are the first to ever post about this! I've not experienced it, but suggest to check:FSUIPC Wind Smoothing Control=OnDisable Direct Wind Control=OffLets keep this here and not in the General. They are having problems enough!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest gasebah

Jim,when I posted in the General I was not sure yet that it is related to AS. Yes, let's keep it here.FSUIPC Wind Smoothing Control=OnDisable Direct Wind Control=OffI can confirm both settings. This is weird it is just like wake turbulence only to on side. But wake turbulence is turned off. I suspected a joystick or axis problem but have ruled it out meanwhile. I gotta say that I fly the C310 from dreamfleet which is a very sensitive aircraft. I am also using AS over WideFS. It is running on another machine. This is not the kind of windshift earlier versions from AS suffered as after the one or two secs the wind is back to direction and strength it had before. Even if I suppress gusts and turbulence in FSUIPC it still happens which was why I suspected a joystick problem. Maybe FSUIPC stops working for a split second or sumpn.Alex

Guest gasebah

Jim,just a brief note to confirm that it actually was a hardware problem. The potentiometer inside the yoke once again gave up on me and produced jitters every ten minutes or so.AS had nothing to do with it. Changed the poti and all is well now.Alex