Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight

well, either it finally happened or there's a hurricane in Naples

Guest flight

Took off from Capodichino (LIRN) enroute to Casale (LIBR). Was just flying around Naples, the coastal area, then decided to head toward Casale, I was at 2500'. 10 minutes out my aircraft (default Baron) began to overspeed. My speed indicator was pinned to the top, and it happened fast enough for me not to notice in time. I immediately pulled back and threw the nose of the aircraft up, and sure enough the speed began to bleed off, but I climbed at an incredible rate, to 4500' in a matter of seconds! My speed began to bleed off, but in jerky bits at a time, of about 5 knots each jerk of the gauge. Not jerkiness in the sim, just on the gauge. I watched my wind gauge in horror as it slowly reversed wind direction, and noted it was registering 99. I pointed the nose of my plane into the wind, and tried to drop below the wind I was caught in, but to no avail. As I held the aircraft pointing into the wind, I'd give it full throttle but the gauge would climb and it would register overspeed, this while heading into a 99 wind! If I let off the throttle, I'd begin to be blown backwards, and eventually was, right into the side of a bluff. It was quite a frantic moment, and I'd like to believe it was real, but I certainly have my doubts.Each time after the crash the sim would reload at my last autosave point, and I'd go through the same scenario again and again. I finally gave up and quit the sim. I haven't loaded it back up yet to try it again from a fresh reload.I took a couple of screenies, but don't know if they'll help. I'm not sure what the weather is like in Naples, but I don't think there's a hurricane there...or is there?

Hi,Look closely and you see those /////. Well that throws off the data places. Now the visibility of 9999 gets shifted and you get winds of 99 at 99. Those screen shot really did help me!! Without them I would have had no clue. Blame the reporting station for sending incomplete data to the server.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest flight

Well, I still can't fly in that area. It's fine until it loads the weather from LIRI. It's kind of strange because I start out with weather from Naples, then as I fly around the Sorrento peninsula the other weather station kicks in, and gives me those 99 winds which begins to blow my airplane backwards. I tried the exact same flight two days later with the same results. In order to complete a flight in this particular area I have to shut down Active Sky and use the internal FS9 weather. Why doesn't the FS9 weather give me the bad data, or is it just not reading from that particular station. Is it bad data from that one station, or is it the way Active Sky is downloading it? Is there something I can do to block the report from this station so I can use Active Sky?