Sign in to follow this  
Jetstar2

Severe Problems with Weather

Hello, for the past 5 months I have been trying to get a nice Concorde flight completed without any major weather screwups and I haven't been successful yet. I purchased AS2004 just so I could have a good flight in the Concorde. I haven't had any luck so far, and pretty much gave up until I saw the update notice and decided to give it another try. I'll be real brief. I followed all of the instructions for running AS2004 to the letter. The only thing I didnt do was import a flightplan into AS2004. I did give it a departure and arrival airport, speed altitude, etc and have it process into AS2004. After takeoff, everything works beautifully until I get to about 48000 feet. All of a sudden the weird stuff starts to happen. Airspeed mysteriously bleeds or increases. I've seen airspeed drop 30 knots and a second later another 30 knots. I am not a weather expert, but that can't be right. Other times it will increase by 50-60+ knots. I am thinking it is a wind issue. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this problem? I have set default weather minimums in FSUIPC per the AS2004 instructions. The only FSUIPC setting I changed was Allow Gusts Aloft/Altitude (cant remember the exact name), hoping this would help, which it didnt. Any help would be appreciated, thanks! Robert Williamson Here are my AS2004.ini settings. They are all pretty much default.//AS2004.5 configuration file B174[General]WindowPosX = 2550WindowPosY = 945DefaultWeatherFolder = C:GamesFS2004ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 30MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59LastPlanFolder = C:Documents and SettingsBobMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesIncreasedWake = TrueDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = TrueAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = TruePreventIcing = FalseOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = TrueDisableAllGroundUpdates = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = TrueDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = FalseIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = TrueVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = TrueZuluConversion = -5AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = TrueProxyAddress = NONE

No luck with the new settings. In fact it is worse than before. I got airspeed problems at 41000 up to 45000. I didn't even make it to 48000 feet with the newer settings. Robert Williamson

Hi,Can you isolate when these shifts occur? Is it during wx updates or at random times?If you have the registered FSUIPC you may want to slow down the wind changes even further, I imagine the Concorde will be sensitive to any variations. You can also use extended destination winds force to lock all upper winds to your dest, not realistic but should prevent any wind variations. Please let us know if any of this helps and we'll take it from there.. Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies