Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

Any change to that ugly fog layer seen from up above??

Its been two years fs9 is out and i'm curious even something has been found to fix fog seen from crz altitude. I'm not posting a screenshot since i'm assuming you all know what i'm talking about!!!!The fog layer shakes, that might remind you!!

Hi,Are you referring to the FS9 visibility/haze layer? This can now be disabled in AS options!Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi Jim and Damian it is the haze layer but i also have it disabled in the as options. I will try to recreate it or the next situation i have with haze and i'll post a screenshot and my ini file.

Hi Joe,Another possibility is "fog layer generation". You can turn this off in AS options too. This feature creates a low-to-ground cloud layer to simulate fog (important when FS9 haze layer depiction is off) when surface vis is low. Some video cards/setups seem to have problems meshing the clouds to terrain. The FSW clouds help!Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies